Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-30-2012, 09:28 PM   #53371 
Sakura8

Do chinchillas really need dust baths?

I'd like one but I'm not sure I can spend the $150 on one.

Dinah is definitely my social girl. She's crawling on my neck while Delilah sleeps in the cage.

It's pouring again. I hope that stray kitten found shelter. I still can't catch it.

Oh funny thing! My old cat Annie was in last night so I held Delilah out to her to introduce them. Annie ignored her and then Delilah jumped off and landed on Annie's back. Annie, being the sweet clueless thing she is, just trotted off with Delilah riding her. Delilah eventually fell off but the cat didn't seem to know she had a live animal on her back.

EDIT:

Kinetic,

http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...AvailInUS%2FNo
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:31 PM   #53372 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Cat on back that is funny.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:56 PM   #53373 
thekinetic

Thanks sakura I saw those at the pet store and am mulling over whether to get it because I'm unsure if it'll disturb MoMo, oh yeah I decided on MoMo for his name! :3
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:20 PM   #53374 
ThePearlFish

Yay! MoMo!!!! <3 :D

I just came back from getting our portraits done with Emmy not too long ago. I dunno why she has to have a quirky grin in like every pic that was taken.

My Rowan cat is at the vet overnight cus she didn't give them a full bladder to get a cysto on. So will have to pick her up tomorrow. I feel like my heart is breaking for her and like I am the worst mommy for leaving her there. She hates the vets and is so freaked out there she is like a rock, she doesn't move except to shiver. :(

My black cat is extra affectionate and playful because I think he misses Rowan. He really likes to be part of the pack.
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:31 PM   #53375 
Tikibirds

Quote:
Do chinchillas really need dust baths?
Yup. Dust Bath
Chinchillas are very clean and have almost no body odor. They maintain their soft, plush fur by taking dust baths. Commercial dusting powders and bins are available for their baths. They should have 1-2 a week. The dust is usually ground up pumic stone and it somehow keeps the oils in the fur.

Chinchillas as Pets
Chinchillas can make wonderful pets for the right family. They are smart, inquisitive, and loving animals. They are active, vocal, and entertaining to watch. Since they can live up to 20 years they can be long time companions.

These adorable creatures are social animals and need a lot of interaction. A lone chinchilla requires a great deal of attention and can become very attached to its owner. If you are unable to devote that much time to your pet, it is better to have two chinchillas than one lonely unhappy pet. Two chinchillas can play and interact and not be completely dependent on their owner.

Chinchillas are sensitive to heat, humidity, and drafts. Extreme heat can even cause heatstroke, which can be life threatening. They do not do well when temperatures go above 78 F

I got chichiri off craigslist with her 2 story cage for $200 about 2 years ago. When I left her with john for 3 months she was alone in my apartment except for when he went over to feed her. She became depresed and stopped eating which ended up costing me over $500 in vet bills. they need to eat every day or they can starve to death in a VERY short perios of time.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:08 PM   #53376 
Tikibirds

Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:25 PM   #53377 
Silverfang

he doesn't look too happy
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:36 PM   #53378 
dramaqueen
Banned

My new guy Nemo.Name:  003.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  39.6 KB

Name:  004.jpg
Size:  38.9 KB

Name:  005.jpg
Size:  39.9 KB
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:19 AM   #53379 
bettasareawesome

he's cool
bettasareawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:21 AM   #53380 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I love the white on his fins.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese