Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-01-2012, 01:21 PM   #53401 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I have to do a twenty gallon tank change today.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:27 PM   #53402 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

I made taffy once. Taffy is HARD to make. Couldn't pull it enough to make it nice. And then people said it was too sweet. And then they said my cider was too sweet. xD
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:32 PM   #53403 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Sounds delicous.
Old 12-01-2012, 01:44 PM   #53404 
Tikibirds

Did you ever see how they used to make taffy? They have this machine that streatches it out and twirls it around. I seen it on the travel channel or maybe it was food network.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:46 PM   #53405 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Yea I had to do that by hand. :p It's a long process.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-01-2012, 01:57 PM   #53406 
Tikibirds

I think i'll skip on taffy making...

Quote:
Tiki, chinchilla's sound like bunnies.. Lone bunnies bond with their owners and need a lot of time out of cage (since my bunny is so anti-social and uneasy around the cat [even though he's locked away] she doesn't always come out on her own.. Then if she dos, she stays close to her cage. I built it really big for that reason), and they HAVE to always have unlimited hay, if they stop eating or pooping for 12 hours it's considered an emergency, they have tooth problems... the list goes on. I wish people would research their pets more. If I had my way, I would have like ALL the bunnies from the rescue. There are New Zealand Whites (NZW) and some gorgeous colored ones.
Yeah, they have similar digestive systems to some degree and if they stop eating, it causes all sorts of problems OR if they are feed the wrong foods it causes fatty liver something or other. However alot of chicnhilla foods, websites and such say they can eat those foods like sunflower seeds, raisins and other fruits. They are like snails and poop ALL the time - like once a minute That's how I knew something was wrong with her last year. Her cage was spotless for like 2 days after I cleaned it. Took her to te emergency vet who knew nothing about chinchillas but still chagred me $250. At least she gave her an IV with fluids. After force feeding her for a month she started to eat on her own.

I got into a serious fight on a chinchilla forum because they cant handle high temps and for one week last summer it was almost 100 in Fairbanks, Alaska. Nothing has AC - so I asked for advice on how to keep her cool. OMG they went ballistic because I did not own an Air conditioner nor was anyplace airconditioned. Fairbanks is like 200 miles south of the arctic circle yet these people could not get it through their heads that airconditioning was just not avalible there.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:14 PM   #53407 
FishyFishy89

Sweet everything is nummy
I LOVE sugary stuff. MORE FOR ME!!!
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:16 PM   #53408 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Hahah well taffy is pretty much pure sugar. And it was banana flavoured, it was awesome. I'll have to try again some day. Maybe make less so I can handle it better. xD It's an art to master, that's for sure. Candy is tricky.
Old 12-01-2012, 03:23 PM   #53409 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

My wild type guppies I want to get rid of them but there so fast and jump.
Old 12-01-2012, 03:55 PM   #53410 
Laki

Heh, my old rabbit wasn't litter trained so there was always someone complaining about walking on rabbit poop.. Acacia is litter trained, except by the door of her pen which she poops by so the cat knows it's her territory lol

omg, don't you hate haters?! I'm in Canada and I know Alaska wouldn't have air conditioners. guh.

I want candy now.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese