Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-06-2012, 12:54 AM   #53651 
Sakura8

Tiki, try amazon for sure. If worse comes to worst, I'll mail you my bottle since I can get my hands on it pretty easy (I'm always at an LFS at least once a week anyway).

Bettas, that's too bad. :( Around here, people go hiking on Mt. Hood and get lost a lot at this time of year. People, what possesses you to hike in the middle of winter?!?

Olympia, since nerite eggs can't hatch in freshwater, what will happen to them? Will fish eat them or will they eventually decompose? Do they pose a risk of raising the ammonia?

Got a new girl. No pic yet but she's pale bodied with a tail that is purple and fades into pink. Petco had two other really cute girls I wanted but I have nowhere to put QT tanks for all of them. As it is, the new girl went straight into the sorority. *fingers crossed that no one gets sick*

So I got tired of my rat girls tossing their kibble off the shelf and into the bedding so I finally went and got them lab block-style rat food that I thought would be too big for them to throw around. Yeah, no. They tossed it all overboard as soon as I put it in. Sigh. At least the blocks are a lot easier to find and pick out of the bedding than the other stuff.

I know stopping antibiotics prematurely is bad but my mom spilled half of the medicine bottle so I guess we're stopping at just over 1 week of treatment instead of 3 weeks. I really don't want to go back and get another bottle. I'm sick of going to the vet clinic. At any rate, Dinah stopped sneezing.

And finally: Dear brother, I know it is much easier for you to fly into a city that is two hours away but have you considered how inconvenient it is for US to come pick you up there? Since you have us your loving family at the bottom of your priority list, why should we bend over backwards for you? Not to mention we must then drive back to that city on Christmas day to drop you off so you can fly out. But would you drive me and my sick cat to the vet when you were here in July? Nooooooooo, you said "I'm not going to do that, it's not my responsibility and it's just a cat." Your words. The vet clinic, by the way, dear brother, is 10 minutes away. Dear brother, I love you and I hate you.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:58 AM   #53652 
djembekah

Treese i am in Wa but idk if i have space for anotger fish. what part of washihton are you in?

Worked late today. means more christmas money!!
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:40 AM   #53653 
Silverfang

I was wondering what would happen to those eggs. I'm not sure, but I think my other snails have been going over them.

Oh well, when the corries are quicker to the food maybe. (seriously, the girls dive bomb sinking pellets. TELL ME they cannot smell food and I will slap you).

and Sakura, your brother sounds like a real jerk *hug*

Last edited by Silverfang; 12-06-2012 at 01:47 AM.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:27 AM   #53654 
djembekah

My nerite eggs stay until i scrape them off. idk they must he too hard to eat.

I'm so sore. but today this adorable marine came in to buy a deck of cards and i forgot to give a lady her change. i told her i was distracted by pennies. but Sakura i thought of you because you always you always talk about guys in uniform. and i just connected that ivwork right near a recruiting center. come work with me we will get you a guy in uniform in no time!!
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:57 AM   #53655 
Tikibirds

your brother sounds like my mother.
Several years ago i took a greyhound to arizona and back at the end of summer. She was picking up my grandmother in NYC and was driving RIGHT PAST Albany - which is 1 hour south of here. I would of had to wait another 7 hours for the next bus to leave Albany to and that would of taken like 3 hours to get here because it stops in every tiny town along the way. My best friends dad had to come get me. My mothers excuse was she didnt know where the greyhound station was. Her dad was beyond mad at her and after spending 3 darn days on a feakin greyhound bus, I was not a happy camper either

I also want a sponge filter so I might as well just order the meds online as the LFS also does not have sponge filters Ferb seems to be having issues as well. Not sure if its cause the filter current is too strong or if he has something going on with him too. He was in the same tank as Tanagora. I was watching him and he was jumping like maad at the surface for like 45 seconds and then calmed down and just floated on the surface. Not sure what THAT was all about. But it didnt look good

I have heard that it is possible for them to hatch in freshwater but its not very common. Dont remember where I seen that info - maybe Aokashi's snaily thread?

Last edited by dramaqueen; 12-06-2012 at 10:27 AM.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:18 AM   #53656 
Laki

Oh Sakura, I'm glad the ratties aren't sneezing anymore! I sometimes stop my Bunny's meds early or change the dosage to make it last longer. I found Oxbow immune support hay treats yesterday so I took a chance and sunk 12.99 on them. She eats them so that's a good sign. Now to see if her cheek stops swelling and going down and swelling again. I'm afraid it might swell while we're in NS and my mom doesn't know how to pick up my bunny let alone wash her abscess!

Sakura, I'm sorry to hear about your stinky brother too. Family's suck sometimes.

Bekah, LOVE the new avatar! I saw an angelfish in the lps yesterday that was like... HUGE. Like, the size of a medium size book., It surprised me. They also had apple snails the size of balls, bigger than tennis balls by a bit. I'm not sure I would be able to hold them in one hand. They were just gigantic.

I found my office chair warming back massager! It might be shiatsu but what odds. I'm glad I found it! Found it while picking out things to sell.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:36 AM   #53657 
Freyja
Banned

I'm adding to the stinky family members thread lol. My mother-in-law will go visit my brother and sister-in-law who live in Virginia but won't come visit my husband and her granddaughter who live 2 1/2 hours away, on the same island; yet she has the audacity to ask my husband if he can take her to and pick her up from the airport so she can leave her car at our house and not have to pay parking. SMDH.
Freyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:21 AM   #53658 
ThePearlFish

ugh came back home after a short trip and the cat room is stinky and the house needs to be cleaned.

off to get things done!
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:28 AM   #53659 
dramaqueen
Banned

I get to go grocery shopping today. Lovely.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:38 AM   #53660 
Yuuie

morning all
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese