Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-08-2012, 01:38 PM   #53741 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Yes it needs sand. Sadly unless my dad also agrees to getting me a 6 foot tank I can't have him as he will reach 16". Interesting combo with the goldfish though.
Looking back at things I've already spent over $1000 on fish stuff easily over the past year, so yea here goes another $200. It will be worth it though because the plants will be able to grow really fast which will help with the nitrate problem I'm having..
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:54 PM   #53742 
LeoTheLakerBetta

Aw he must be really young then to be only 1 inch long.. My total cost is probably around 300 or 400 but I have gotten a lot off craigslist so i got good bargains.

I am cleaning all my tanks today and I lifted Spud's stryofoam cup that I put in there to encourage nests. Well I lifted it to get it out of the way and voila! There is a sweet bubble nest there that I almost destroyed. Oh well he is moving into a different tank this week so he will have to start over anyways... He gets a little grumpy on days like this hehehe
LeoTheLakerBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:26 PM   #53743 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Carters getting a water change today.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:28 PM   #53744 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Yea, a little teeny tiny baby. And to think he survived being shipped over from Africa, what a toughie.
Old 12-08-2012, 02:32 PM   #53745 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Africa?
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:36 PM   #53746 
thekinetic

Home from work, might go get MoMo a bigger cage.....dang internet people guilt tripping me......I'd be angry if MoMo wasn't so cute and worth it, might even pick up some stuff for my fishies as well. XD
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:37 PM   #53747 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Yes the mormyrids come from Africa.
Old 12-08-2012, 02:59 PM   #53748 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekinetic View Post
Home from work, might go get MoMo a bigger cage.....dang internet people guilt tripping me......I'd be angry if MoMo wasn't so cute and worth it, might even pick up some stuff for my fishies as well. XD
I highly doubt hammys need that big of a cage. As long as he can burrow, run through tubes and is a healthy hammy, then I wouldn't get him a bigger cage.

They're not like my guinea pigs. They don't run laps without a wheel and unless he has a cage mate they don't fight over space.
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:37 PM   #53749 
Laki

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePearlFish View Post
Haven't they seen the poodles getting cut and dyed in weird ways to look like things? OH! BUT when THEY do it it is okay and cute!
Technically, that cut is the old hunting cut they had for when they were working dogs. It's only done now by show dogs and people wishing to educate about the old hunting poodles were bred for. Not many people think of them as a working breed. I hate the look of it though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfang View Post
Oh! Laki! There was a beautiful HM in at petsmart, looked like a possible MG.
I wish I wanted a HM then :( I'm sure its gorgeous. I'm waiting for when someone finally gets in HMPK.

Dwarf hamsters need more space than syrians. I'm sure the forum "standard" is a little insane but bigger can't hurt!

We didn't go to Cora's, we went to Montana's where I died eating their gigantic veggie burger with fries and dressing ("stuffing") on top. mmmm. Home where my wallet is safe from being emptied on stores and stuff.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:44 PM   #53750 
LeoTheLakerBetta

Erghajsaofafhiaohsf

I just finished all the water changes. Sparkling clean! And I made sure the sorority water level is low enough to prevent escape artists...

Oh and the boy budgies are having a screeching contest.. and who can sing the worst contest. So far its a tie.

Last edited by LeoTheLakerBetta; 12-08-2012 at 03:46 PM.
LeoTheLakerBetta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese