Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-04-2013, 12:24 AM   #55291 
Laki

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy89 View Post
Ive heard nothing but horror stories from top fin heaters. Thank dog their filters have lifetime warrenties
My topfin heater is pretty close to a year old and it works great but the little blue dots are coming off. I cleaned the tank today (like, deconstructed it and cleaned EVERYTHING) and the heater shed like half of its blue dots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfang View Post
5 cheese cannelloni. Just need different kind of tomatoes next time.
Don't start me on late night cravings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaisyDawgThirteen View Post
If I see another tbh, rate, date or pass, 5 likes for 50 questions or any other similar crap on Facebook I will throw up.
I have, out of the 90 or so friends on my fb, turned to "acquaintance". SO I don't get any of that bs. I used to receive that sort of nonsense from the high school aged girls I used to work with. Had to put a stop to it. I did a 2 hour cleanup one day. Deleted people I have not spoken to directly in a year or put them to acquaintance. Now my facebook is more personal and while there is less in the feed I don't have to read all those silly status things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post

Why did I do this to myself? Couldn't be patient and wait until I had space before buying new pets, noooooooo. Had to have them right now. People, see what impatience does to you? It bites you on the butt. And on the hems of your dresses.
My bunny was sort of an impulse. My compter is a little over 3 years now and the cord is miraculously okay after being chewed by both bunnies. Bunny chewed and ruined my old hair straightener, my portable space heater, Other things, walls, books, you name it. And she has costed me hundreds of dollars in the vet for spay and abscess removal but my god I have no regrets and I love my little spoiled princess.

My shoulders and back hurt after starting totally fresh on the tank today. I took it apart and even "bathed" the plants and rinsed the gravel and all the filter media. So, it has no cycle. I splurged. Seeing it after 2 weeks in the condition my mom left it was just... I had to dump everything. I don't know what I was expecting out of mom's pet sitting abilities. At least everyone is alive. Bunny's cage was like a slum and Oliver had 2 dishes of food down with food scattered all over the floor. It's not hard to take even basic care of pets. Oh well.
eta- is Mo banned?
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:37 AM   #55292 
Silverfang

O.o it looks like...

welcome back to the rock Laki! I go for registration tomorrow, last semester.

And Lebron mighta been who you were thinking about.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:39 AM   #55293 
Tikibirds

hmmm....he might be. or she.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:40 AM   #55294 
Laki

OOOH congrats! My bf is going in tomorrow to register too. You might bump into him and not even know. wooooo

You'll be graduated this spring?? What's your degree again?

Midnight munchies.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:58 AM   #55295 
Silverfang

Programmer analyst is the name of the program.

And technically I still have one more work term, but that's a formality :D
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:02 AM   #55296 
Yuuie

well time to go to bed you all have a good night
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:59 AM   #55297 
djembekah

Hop hop hop hop hop hop hop
i feel like beih silly
Posted via Mobile Device
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:00 AM   #55298 
Butterfly

ugh oh my gosh. Earlier I went to this little local pet shop. Sick---absolutely SICK. >.< I wanted to see what bettas they had and what their stock was like.
Stock was good, people were not friendly(only one kid asked if i needed help), prices were fair...They sell maracyn and furan 2 and all the api medications and lots of different fishy meds...at least I know where I can get fred meds if he ever needs them. But my gosh I have never seen anything more horrific. OVERSTOCKED tanks, nasty case of fins are falling off the body/being torn off/in too teeny of a tank(this huge fish with a big head...looks like a big bulb on its head) (not sure the name). gross >.< Bettas were in even worse condition. So so sad. Most of them were clamped, sick, some dead. Ich, parasites, 75% of them had stress stripes(my petco's bettas almost never have stress stripes), etc. They were kept in those little bottled starbucks frappuchinos(like the kind that you can buy at the grocery store/mini mart) and the water was all nasty. They had this GORGEOUS wild with gorgeous fins, didn't buy. On sale for $12 but no. I couldn't bring myself to support such a place. So sad. I left. Not going back unless it's an emergency for Fred, even then I would call around first.

They had this adorable little HMPK. He was TINY(about 1.5 in) and flaring and flaring and flaring even though there was a board between his little display and the fish next to him. He looked young. Sad.

Going amazon shopping lol. I'm also pretty sure fred is mangling his tail ugh. Just swimming through everything with no concern. xD It's okay, his dorsal is almost completely healed and he's not a biter. Added more stress coat and he's totally fine. He's been really happy and he's been relaxing his fins and resting them proudly--all spread out(not 180, not flaring, he doesn't flare). But I'm happy he feels good in a big tank. Maybe he won't move into another tank--he loves to explore this one.
Butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:20 AM   #55299 
Yuuie

morning all and sorry to hear you found such a sad pet store.
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:24 AM   #55300 
madmonahan

Oh my, that place sounds absolutely horrible! Not just to Bettas but there other fish? The poor poor fishies...:(
madmonahan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese