Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-05-2013, 04:18 PM   #55371 
djembekah

sorry Matt, lounge posts don't count towards your total!
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:28 PM   #55372 
nehemiahludden

i just got a veil tail betta and he is extremely active when the water temo is at 79 degrees but not at 78 or 80 is this normal. and his name is whiskers, the reason i names him that is because i was asking him what he wanted his name to be and i had a list of 10 different names and when i said whiskers he came to the side of his bowl and flared all of his fins. i feed him the gold bio betta food and i use a stress calmer liquid drops and a freshwater salt to help him better breath. it seems to help. my only concern is the fin under him is splitting it seems to not bother him at this point but it does concern me. how do i fix this or is the splitting normal for a veil tail betta? it looks like 2 strings hanging down from his belly.
nehemiahludden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:33 PM   #55373 
nehemiahludden

i just got a veil tail betta and he is extremely active when the water temo is at 79 degrees but not at 78 or 80 is this normal. and his name is whiskers, the reason i names him that is because i was asking him what he wanted his name to be and i had a list of 10 different names and when i said whiskers he came to the side of his bowl and flared all of his fins. i feed him the gold bio betta food and i use a stress calmer liquid drops and a freshwater salt to help him better breath. it seems to help. my only concern is the fin under him is splitting it seems to not bother him at this point but it does concern me. how do i fix this or is the splitting normal for a veil tail betta? it looks like 2 strings hanging down from his belly. is this normal or something i should worry about?
nehemiahludden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:36 PM   #55374 
Laki

Sold my pokemon ds game. omgiforgotiboughtbrownies. one sec.

Chocolcte and Mo are gone?? Oh my.

eta- FLYING PUGS!! Welcome to 2013 :) She's adorable.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:01 PM   #55375 
djembekah

phillip phillips makes me happy
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:17 PM   #55376 
FishyFishy89

Lol
Tanks Laki!
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:20 PM   #55377 
Laki

@nehemmiahludden - You might want to post in the Betta Keepers section and post a picture for maximum replies. The two ventral fins hanging down? I don't know what you mean- what seems wrong with them. 79F is fine for his water.

We bought double leather work gloves so we could cut Oliver's nails. lol BUT I bought him a fun toy to make up for the stress. He's such a drama queen.
Old 01-05-2013, 05:48 PM   #55378 
Silverfang

I have to contact the vets office. Odd, they usually contact me to remind me of her check up. Well while talking to the vet I need to see about getting a sedative to get her groomed. She will NOT let anyone near her.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:55 PM   #55379 
Laki

Oh wow. I seen something on YT about a persian who hated being groomed. Sedatives, lol. Fortunately, due to the mess of long haired cats and Matt's allergy to their fur, we will only keep short haired cats. No grooming! Except for nails.

My little Wallflowers should be picked up to go to their new home next Friday. See ya assassin snails.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:22 PM   #55380 
Silverfang

Yea, Ashes is my first and only long hair.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese