Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-09-2013, 10:05 PM   #55671 
ThePearlFish

The Anatomy and Physiology course is the 8wks. one and Botany is for the whole semester. One think I learned from taking both Zoology and Ecology is not to underestimate the environmental/natural science type courses. They are hard! I have a knack for rote memorization though and have always enjoyed Anatomy and Physiology so I am definitely excited for that one.
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:08 PM   #55672 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Awesome, sounds like the kinds of courses I will be taking in university.. Ornithology, mammalogy, maybe some ichthyology.. All the -ologies. xD
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:16 PM   #55673 
ThePearlFish

I do love the "ologies" too :P
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:00 PM   #55674 
thekinetic

Olympia I think most people just get confused when it comes to animals. They think what applies to one applies to all but it's not true. 300 square inches is for large hamsters, like black bear hamsters. Small hamsters like dwarves and robos require very little space. As a matter of fact I think MoMo prefered his old cage which was half the size of his new one because it gave him security. I bought the larger one out of selfishness because I had a hard time picking him up in the old one.

Honostly things like rabbits do not require a huge space like a room and are more than happy in a smaller space like a cage. It's just when you keep multiples of the same animal in the same cage you must understand it's psycology. They are territorial even though gregorious, much like gerbils. However if you do not give them enough space they will fight and even kill the other. My brother found this out when one of his gerbils killed and ate the other.

It's much like keeping fish, there are some rules that can be bent and others broken if you know what you're doing. Such as keeping a few fish over the limit of the tank (rule bent), and keeping a betta with a fish it would nomally kill but is calm enough to (rule broken).
thekinetic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:07 AM   #55675 
djembekah

I FEEL LIKE A LOONY TOON LIKE HYPER AND WEIRD AND WIRED ADN I NEED BENADRYL AND IBUPROFEN AND JREKL;A! jfsl
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:53 AM   #55676 
Tikibirds

Becks has gone crazy

Any other suggestions for miss pinecone?
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:08 AM   #55677 
FishyFishy89

@Pearl, on the forum where she posted, the users have grown accustomed to NOT "taking their word" on giving adequate floor time. One of the reasons why the cages are so large for the small animals is so they can exercise on THEIR own time.

Hamsters, I've never seen a hamster where his or her health was significantly improved by being put in a large cage. Hammys love to dig in bedding, tunnel, stuff their face and sleep. I think, as long as they can do that, they're happy happy happy.

For guinea pigs/rabbits. We've often compared caring for them to caring for a child. The only difference is you don't change diapers and don't take them to school stuff. Piggys love to run and rabbits love to hop, they need adequate space to do those things they love on their own time.

But I've been in her position before, I understand how she feels. You go your whole time with this animal and think the animal is perfectly fine in their small cage. But it really isn't until you build the larger cage that you see the animal is happier and healthier in it's appropriately sized cage.
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:13 AM   #55678 
Tikibirds

Becka has gone crazy

Any other suggestions for miss pinecone?
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:29 AM   #55679 
FishyFishy89

Bekah IS crazy!!!

You seem to be getting lots of responses on your thread.
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:32 AM   #55680 
MaisyDawgThirteen

Sakura- I agree. What got me was her last words... Rohinton Mistry books are amazing, although extremely sad. He is a Parsi immigrant from India to Canada. (:
Olympia- The 360 inches rule is just ridiculous... My hamsters have all been fine in less than that with adequate floor time.
Fishy- That girl is a bit too defensive. I can see why she woul be, though.

I can't remember who said this, but I agree that small animal people are scary. Just..... Nuts. I do like piggiepigpigs on YouTube.
MaisyDawgThirteen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese