Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-16-2013, 05:53 AM   #55991 
Laki

Thanks Fishy.. I knew it was too good to be true. And Kinetic- you have not seen our place!! It's so small, no way a dishwasher -portable or non- is fitting under the sink. We found a Danby countertop dishwasher at Home Depot's website which just screws on to the water faucet.

OMG shootings close by?!? eep. Stay safe! Although, it's really confusing for a trained dog to pee inside :/ Good luck!

Olympia, I'm assuming this is Mocha? She is probably insecure, either with you on the leash or all the time on the leash. What you have to do is make the walk positive, so when you hear a noise walk towards it and give a fantastic reward, like chicken.. (this would mean you are leaving the house with chicken, try not to let her know). What you don't want is your 80 lb Doberman putting on the breaks whenever she feels like it because this could end tragically if she did it wrong time, wrong place (think of the above shooting scare) and you are unable to carry her!

Tiki, does your family have a love for all dogs large and white? lol Poor Bubbles, I picked him out of the picture. Was like, "whose that imposter behind Bubbles and why isn't he helping?"

Peanut butter and banana sandwich and hot chocolate/coffee . Going to be a good day!

Also, today is Bowser's first GOTCHA DAY!!!!! WEO!!!
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:00 AM   #55992 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

I had dog treats yesterday but she ignored it maybe chicken will help.
Mocha is way too dependant on Zara, I think. Because when we have Zara with us she's fine (unless something really scary happens). I wanted to get her walking on the leash alone better but she just would rather be with Zara than me.
I always hated separating them even for short times and I guess that's why we never got anything done, but now I realize it's way easier to work with her one on one. :/
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:05 AM   #55993 
Laki

I am no Victoria Stillwell but the first question I would ask, is how often do you spend time alone with Mocha inside the house? And how much of that time is without Zara? Maybe she feels insecure with you because its not as fun and positive as when she spends her time with Zara?
(I recall the stories about Mocha's poop escapade and the time you wanted to jog her and she freaked out) Instances like this, especially if it makes you angry or raise your voice, might make her think going out alone with you is scary, or she is uptight.
Now, I don't know anything else of life with her and Zara, all of this is coming from my experience and Vic Stillwell's advice. I think making a point, although you are busy, and taking time out of your day to tell Mocha she is a good girl and taking her into a room alone and giving her treats and playing her favorite games is positive reinforcement and will build a bond in no time!
Old 01-16-2013, 06:14 AM   #55994 
Silverfang

Cold morning, with a headache just to top things off.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:19 AM   #55995 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Yea I will have to try something like that. I think our relationship grew better after I stopped yelling at her though. :p But I'm sure Zara is more fun than me.
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:36 AM   #55996 
Laki

lol the yelling needs to stop.

Sorry to hear about your loans getting involved in the breach Silver!!!

Okay, so there are little round things in my assassin tank now. Not white. They're light brown and there's no long legs/antanea sticking off them. They are mostly in the roots of the salvinia and they swim in a pattern like this: ~ ~ ~ Like they're jumping in the water.

eta- omg. It might be daphnia. How do I culture them as food? And where the heck did they come from?!?
Deta- Actually I think they're seed shrimp. Youtube makes me think it's seed shrimp now.

Last edited by Laki; 01-16-2013 at 06:44 AM.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:12 AM   #55997 
Silverfang

I'll have to check my shrimp tank later. There is so much salvinia. Wouldn't surprise me if I had something. Granted my shrimplets harvest the infusoria and microorganisms.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:22 AM   #55998 
Yuuie

morning all
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:55 AM   #55999 
thekinetic

Ok I'm going to check MoMo's hamster house for a coffee pot because he's hasbeen running on his wheel since 10 o'clock last night until 9 am this morning. AND IT STILL RATTLES OHMYFREAKINGWHY! I had to put ear plugs in just to get some sleep! 0_0

Do hamsters get all hyper when you give them mineral licks or something?
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:30 AM   #56000 
FishyFishy89

So I read up on what happened in the complex next to mine. So it happened in the back left corner of the complex, and I live in the back right corner of my complex. So I was a good amount of distance from it. But with my balcony door open, I could hear the sheriff over the intercom yelling commands. 1 was caught, the other one is still "at large". It was NUTS! They shut down the whole road outside the complexs and blocked off each and every complex.

Emma had to potty REALLY BAD!!! She pooped AND peed on the 1st blade of grass she touched! My Cane Corso on the other hand was peeing on every tree, rock, bush and hydrant. Usually 3 pees and he's good, he did a good 8 pees.
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese