Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-27-2011, 09:23 PM   #5611 
Tisia

those stupid preset tetra heaters just don't make sense to me, I put it in a 1 gallon qt and it sits at about 75, stick it in a 5 gallon and it's at 77. seems like it should keep the smaller one warmer than the bigger one
Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:25 PM   #5612 
Littlebittyfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tisia View Post
those stupid preset tetra heaters just don't make sense to me, I put it in a 1 gallon qt and it sits at about 75, stick it in a 5 gallon and it's at 77. seems like it should keep the smaller one warmer than the bigger one
It did the same thing to me! I almost threw the darn thing out because I thought it was broken!
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:27 PM   #5613 
Tisia

wonder if it would be 79 in a 10 gallon, lol
Old 07-27-2011, 09:29 PM   #5614 
Pitluvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettaboyshiva View Post
Over here in trinidad I would have to pay like $350.00 TT for a tetra or hagen 2.5gal pretty expensive down here..the currency rate is...$6.30 TTd to $1.00 USD...
That's about the same price I pay for a 2.65 Marina in Canada at the Pet Store actually. And that's nothing but the tank!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tisia View Post
I have one in my 0.8g for Jose and it's keeping at 78F. It's keeping the 1.5g the same temp
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:30 PM   #5615 
Tisia

I think it's conspiring with my bettas to keep me confused, lol

I'm kind of thinking of naming my copper Cooper, lol. maybe I'm just a dork >_>
Old 07-27-2011, 09:32 PM   #5616 
MaggieLynn

I think i bought the heater you are talking about and i returned mine because the little light that indicates heating never went on once it did but was only for maybe 5 minutes and had the thing in water for 8 hours!!!
MaggieLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:34 PM   #5617 
Littlebittyfish

haha. That would be cool if it would. I was about to throw mine out after I replaced it with a different heater when I thought it had broken...but I had it sitting next to the tank for a little while just incase the new heater went crazy or something...then one day during water change I accidentally plugged it in instead of the heater I put in the tank...I started smelling burnt plastic and was all what gives? looked up and it burnt a whole in my fishnet...
after that I put it in my bigger tank and it keeps it nice at 78.

Last edited by Littlebittyfish; 07-27-2011 at 09:37 PM.
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:36 PM   #5618 
Pitluvs

I'm kind of thinking of naming my copper Cooper, lol. maybe I'm just a dork >_>[/quote]
Name him Todd :) Ya know, Fox and the Hound Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieLynn View Post
I think i bought the heater you are talking about and i returned mine because the little light that indicates heating never went on once it did but was only for maybe 5 minutes and had the thing in water for 8 hours!!!
The light will turn off when the water hits the right temp. Did you have a thermometer in the tank, and check what temp it was at when the light went off? I have three here, all work wonderfully. I did have one that put my tank over 90F though... and the light was off O_o That went back for a new one.
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:38 PM   #5619 
bettaboyshiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitluvs View Post
That's about the same price I pay for a 2.65 Marina in Canada at the Pet Store actually. And that's nothing but the tank
yep thats for the tank alone and the tanks we get here by Hagen are made of acrylic..so i buy glass ones
bettaboyshiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:41 PM   #5620 
Tisia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitluvs View Post
Name him Todd :) Ya know, Fox and the Hound Lol
yes! lol. I don't officially name for a week, but I think that will have to be it, lol

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese