Olympia
TFK Moderator

I am so sick of people arguing over stupid things that don't matter. >_<
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:25 PM   #56292 
Laki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
Math anxiety: people who avoid math and will avoid careers that require math. About 1/5 people have it. Apparently these people have a pain sensing part of their brain activate when they are told they are gonna do math, but once they are doing it that part of the brain stops.
Doesn't mean you are bad at math, most people are good at it, thought that this comes from bad previous experiences in learning.
Posted via Mobile Device
No way. Wow. I always felt this way- Chose an arts degree to avoid the drama of math. Though, I am perfectly capable of doing math if it is explained properly- in which case I really enjoy it. I especially enjoy long division bc after all that busy brain work you get a concrete answer. I did not spend enough time on Tangent/cosign and the other one but I enjoyed working those too.

My landlord's dad is coming to look at the leak in the furnace room. I'm like- should I start cooking supper? Or wait? So I bought chips.

Also, there is a baby centipede in my kitchen sink, don't know what to do with it- don't have the heart to put it outside where it's suddenly dropped to -14 (was +3C today)

Another snowfall warning.

Blu- you're betta is SO pretty!! Nice find!

Fishy- did you figure out a tank? There are people all over kijiji here selling tanks. I think it has a lot to do with out-migration as people leave here for the mainland so I don't know if as many people are slling. Could you make an ad on your kijiji/craigslist?
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:33 PM   #56293 
Sakura8

Phew. All the water changes done until Wednesday. Worried about Riceball. I think he may have lymphocystis but the cyst burst and got infected. It's under his chin. Have him in Kanaplex but the tank is grossing me out because it's teeming with planaria or something like that. Tiny, tiny white worms all over. Can't run the filter because he can't handle the filter flow and I have nowhere else to put him. Blurgh.

Every few weeks/months, I periodically remove some of the tags so some people have a chance to put a tag in.

Why is the 54th Massachussetts regiment based in Maryland? o.O
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:43 PM   #56294 
Laki

Oh Sakura, I love military/cadet bands!! The best part of our christmas parades for me is the bands.

Landlord's dad and step brother finally came to look at the leak. My goodness, good looks certainly run in my landlords family. his brother in law was a looker. However, the "leak" is moving contradictory to the slope in the floor. It doesn't make sense. Have to keep my eye on it is all. Oh boy.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:55 PM   #56295 
Sakura8

I love marching bands and drum/bugle corps too. The Boston Crusaders are marching in the Inaugural parade. I saw them perform this past summer at a local college. :3

The leak is going up the slope? o.O
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:19 PM   #56296 
Laki

Oh.. What's an inaugural? Isn't Obama already president?

Yea somehow. It is very confusing to everyone! Like, how the water is coming up the slope into our closet is just.. It defies the laws of gravity.

I found a kitty necklace when I was cleaning my desk for the shrimp tank (which I will set up tomorrow)
Old 01-21-2013, 06:34 PM   #56297 
FishyFishy89

Ugh, the few experts that I've been PMing think it would be best to get the plants needed to help cycle the tank and put the babies in there. Even if I continued with the fishless cycling and found a tank for them, they'd be in that smaller tank for almost a month, maybe even more.

I just bought LOTS of hornwort, some Seachem's Stability and flakes for the babes.
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:08 PM   #56298 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Yea, I cycled once but it's such a waste of time. xD
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:08 PM   #56299 
dramaqueen
Banned

I have a friend who is going to adopt one of my fish before I move. I'll give her everything she needs to take care of him.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:28 PM   #56300 
blu the betta

is jungle a good fish medication brand? i got the all in one treatment.
blu the betta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese