Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-22-2013, 10:14 PM   #56451 
Tikibirds

your hamster is IN the wall ?

and I though having a chinchilla under my bed was bad.

I got this Dr Sholles ingrown toenail stuff. I hope it helps.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:15 PM   #56452 
blu the betta

be right back. gonna eat dinner.
blu the betta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:16 PM   #56453 
Silverfang

My large to got so badly ingrown the toenail had to be cut off, as in surgically cut off. I was in grade two at the time. I screamed bloody murder, cause I know they didn't give me proper anesthesia.

Now I visit the podiatrist every other month, she keeps my nails and feet in good shape. And it has to be her, cause she uses a razor blade to slice of chunks of dead skin. Really close to the knuckle so it's a bit tricky.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:20 PM   #56454 
Tikibirds

how am i supposed to dig it out if the tip is somehow growing up into the toe?

Not sure I can dig it out without removing skin - or is that what I am supposed to be doing?

*does not want a townail remover nail thingy* looks painful
Old 01-22-2013, 10:21 PM   #56455 
blu the betta

back from dinner.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:25 PM   #56456 
Sakura8

Tiki, yes, my hamster is in the wall. T_T I thought the bathroom was small-critter proof but it turns out there was a small hole under the bathroom cabinet that she managed to get into. From there, behind the cabinet, she chewed through the drywall and is now in the wall and insulation. I have not heard her in an hour so I hope she didn't take off throughout the house. My dad didn't think she could but he wasn't sure. I put some banana out and have the bathroom door closed. If I see signs that she is emerging when I'm not around, then I will invest in a small humane trap to get her. But if she's lost in the jungle of inner wall joists etc, then I don't know what else I can do.

Read on google that they can live in there for a while, as long as they come get food. T_T Please no, there's no where else to put the cat litter box but in that bathroom and we can't keep the door closed forever . . . Really, really need her to come out and be caught within the next few days.

Now I need to get a big pen for the pets to run in since clearly they can't be in the bathroom anymore. But I'm broke so that'll have to wait.

EDIT: Tiki, it's not that painful. You just slip the tip under the nail and pry the nail up. Then put a piece of cotton under the nail so it can't grow back inward again. It's less painful than having an ingrown toenail.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:25 PM   #56457 
Laki

Have to detach it from the skin of the toe Tiki.. It is bloody painful but necessary :) Then lift it up a bit and pack some toilet paper in under neath so it cannot retract.

Nice, what did you eat for supper blu?

It's 1am here so I'm off to bed! The furnace is making a weird buzzing noise so I hope I don't die overnight.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:31 PM   #56458 
blu the betta

i ate orange chicken. (chinese food) its really easy to make. i am definatly not chinese though.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:31 PM   #56459 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

You people and your toe nail stories... -goes to cut toenails and pray that it never happens to her-
Bedtime, night folks.
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:31 PM   #56460 
Tikibirds

Awwwh. That sucks Sakura The farthest my hamsters got was inside the closet and it was easy to find them since the dog started barking at the closet.

Quote:
Have to detach it from the skin of the toe Tiki.. It is bloody painful but necessary :) Then lift it up a bit and pack some toilet paper in under neath so it cannot retract.
That is going to hurt like hell, I can't even touch it without pain...

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese