Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-02-2013, 01:08 AM   #57081 
Silverfang

His tank is in the window, might as well put all that sunlight to use.

His fin doesn't look bloody. But it's hard to tell since his fins are all reddish.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:16 AM   #57082 
BettaMiah

Hey guys, I have a bit of a question. My beta boy Yuuki ( the guy in my profile picture ) is getting old and I've had him for at least 2 years now, he wasn't exactly a baby when I got him. He's doing fine but he's different. He's run into kinda a routine. He sleeps all day in his house at the bottom or sometimes on his betta hammock but he doesn't move all that much. His fins are shredded and they will never heal but that's okay because he's still my baby and is gorgeous in my eyes, I live his adorable face. Anyhow every night I have to tap all around the tank to tell him it's dinner time and get him up. After I feed him he goes and just rests on a leaf. I never see him move much, he barely cares to chase a laser anymore. Idek if he's blind or something but does anyone know what I can do to accommodate him?
BettaMiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:25 AM   #57083 
djembekah

he might just be old :/

i kinda miss having a shoal of nutsy mid swimming fish in my 29 gallon. but the angels just don't like them.

Last edited by djembekah; 02-02-2013 at 01:28 AM.
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:54 AM   #57084 
Laki

Good morning! Silverfang, I wonder what window sunlight you're referring to?? I am only across town and its a blizzard up here! aaahhhhh, it was so nice yesterday! Like Spring. I knew once I realised it was February it would turn back to winter (all day yesterday |I thought it was still January)

Bit of a headache.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:58 AM   #57085 
Silverfang

It's 11:30, no phone call from mother telling me her flight was delayed. I guess I'll get a crash refresher in winter driving :/
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:08 AM   #57086 
FishyFishy89

No PetsMart visit yesterday. Hubby didn't do his math >:P
But maybe we'll be swinging by PetsMart today...
2 of the babies greeted me this morning XD
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:16 AM   #57087 
blu the betta

im going to petco in 2 hours. one question. should i get a baby betta?
blu the betta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:20 AM   #57088 
Laki

Baby bettas require a lot of special care blu. I reccomend looking up their care before getting one, those babies should not be sold that young as they are more vulnerable to improper care.

So it took me over an hour to clean the betta tank, because it has not been done in about 2 weeks. And I have 3 baby java ferns who detached themselves and are ready to grow big and strong. I tied them to a suction cup close to the light.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:29 AM   #57089 
blu the betta

i am going to make a sorority today. already have the things to do it. my male is a picky eater. i hate it! he will only eat live foods. i had 20 guppy fry last night and now i have about 7. the healthy guppies must survive. he is a killer. he corners them then eats them. or hunts them down by chasing them.
blu the betta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:48 AM   #57090 
Laki

I think maybe you should remove him from the guppy tank, that many deaths will result in a lethal amount of ammonia.

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese