Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-07-2013, 09:50 AM   #57401 
Sakura8

Oh Laki, yikes. Yes, if I lived in the countryside or a more rural area I would absolutely never let a cat outside without being on a harness. Just 5 miles away in the "country" those same types of activities take place. Poisonings, getting struck by cars, all sorts of awful things. And even here in the city, we're careful. If Gremy had a habit of crossing the street, he'd be jailed for life but fortunately he doesn't. He stays mostly in the backyard.

That poor bunny. :(. I'm glad she was able to live out the rest of her years with you. Yeah, I saw that pic in your wall and snatches of the conv. I was like, Bunny Island? Awesome! But I agree the buns should be fixed.

I got my bunny from my grandmother's next door neighbor, in a very small rural town.

Shirley, CA is crazy when it comes to banning things. I never see gerbils either; I suspect those are illegal also. Ferrets, hedgehogs, axolotls, and who knows what else are banned here. I would not be surprised if CA had a ban on selling rabbits in pet stores because of an abundance of them in shelters.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:57 AM   #57402 
ThePearlFish

Ugh. 1 more hour till class is done.. ADDness...
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:04 AM   #57403 
FishyFishy89

UGH!!!! Why must my dumb dumb dog have "Picky Grass Syndrome"!!!
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:38 AM   #57404 
Yuuie

so quiet with everyone gone ahhhhhhh need noise in the house lol. thought i would catch up on my downloads but when i picked the slow option it's really is slow lol oh well guess i'll go and do my stuff while i wait since i can't get it done before work since i have to wait for chirs today hope we aren't to late getting there but i left a note last night so it should be ok.
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:44 AM   #57405 
Silverfang

we had three outdoor cats growing up. One of whom got hit by a car we -think-. We found him late Friday night. Called the vets office, did what they said. Kept him locked in the basement in a box with towels or blankets. Next morning we drove the 2-3 hours to get him to the vets office.

He came out as sooky as ever. He just couldn't move as fast.

Is it dangerous? VERY. But they liked going out, and hunting, and marking their turf. He had his path he walked. Regularly. They lived long happy lives. 16.5, 18, and 18. Our youngest... mother had her put down. She was getting seizures so bad she did it for her own good. And the others got sick as well. But considering their ages. They lived long healthy lives. They snacked on bits of fish and meat. Had their shots every year, and were well looked after.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:45 PM   #57406 
Sakura8

Those ages are pretty old even for indoor cats. My last cat who died of confirmed old age related causes was 16 or so. The oldest we had was 18. My neighbor who has now moved routinely keeps me updated on her cat Noisy (whom I loved). He's 20 +, she says.

Uh oh, going to fish stores. This could be trouble for me.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:52 PM   #57407 
Hadoken Kitty

So, two awesome things.

1.) I finally found a female to breed with my male.
2.) My boyfriend got a call back about getting a job!!! Interview next week!!! =D
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:19 PM   #57408 
FishyFishy89

Spike has been looking quite gloomy since the angels came in. I moved him to a 2.5 gallon on the living room table. Hopefully he'll perk up there.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:14 PM   #57409 
Laki

Yay Hadoken!!

okay, remember having this convo about outdoor cats before. Silver you were lucky! You lived on outskirts of town I think. I lived in Buckmasters Circle (which is a very low income, sketchy part of town where kids are having kids and there's a lot of drugs and drop outs...). I would looooove to let Oliver out, he would be much happier spending his days hunting things and sniffing. He lived as an indoor-outdoor with his old owner (who also had him neutered, thank goodness) but the worms. Oliver eats things that are infested, I don't want to have to deal with that again. And the constant worry not knowing where he is. There was a cat got struck and killed on my street just this summer, my street is NOT busy but it lies between 2 main roads.

Oh... I know- I was loading BBT. Also, hungry. Also... Bunnies. The PetSmart here does not sell bunnies, they only sell guinea pigs (which is no better) .. Every weekend the small animal rescue goes up and showcases bunnies for adoption. The sweetest lop Maisy was there 2 weeks ago and I got to meet her and now I want another bunny. Will NEVER again get a baby. I hate their adoloescence stage.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:42 PM   #57410 
FishyFishy89

Chores.......I hate dem

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese