Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-16-2013, 04:33 PM   #57811 
brookeandbubba

i am going to petco today for a heater for bubba , and i hopefully get a plant and a fish aswell, i want an ee female , or a double tail , but that wont happen at petsmart XD
brookeandbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 04:34 PM   #57812 
LebronTheBetta

Adding more crap into the water will only stress out the fish more, trust me. I learned the hard way. @-@ Tried IAL, yet? What's the normal pH? Fluctuations suck people, learn it. ;-;
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 04:35 PM   #57813 
FishyFishy89

Speaking of weird
I just found a white squiggly line on Thing 1
Weird things going on today.
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 04:35 PM   #57814 
ao
TFK Moderator

that isss weird. any corals shells etc in the quaratine?
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:21 PM   #57815 
Hadoken Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronTheBetta View Post
Adding more crap into the water will only stress out the fish more, trust me. I learned the hard way. @-@ Tried IAL, yet? What's the normal pH? Fluctuations suck people, learn it. ;-;
-sigh- I added in black water extract since my leaves still haven't come in yet. My LPS doesn't have IAL extract; just blackwater. I used the stress coat since I moved a fish from a 20 gallon to a 1 gallon (he's back at my LPS now. he was nipping at everything in the community. the 1 gallon was to bide time between the pet store and an immediate removal from the nipping). My tap has a pretty high ph and ammonia, but usually after I put in conditioner (and etc) everything evens out (the PH goes to 7.4 from 8.4). I use Prime for the ammonia. I understand that adding "crap" will stress it out, but honestly, I'm working with what I have.

None of my other tanks are getting this. It's just the ONE tank, which is why I don't get it. I'm pretty sure that if it were really something that I was doing wrong, it would pop up in the others as well.
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:51 PM   #57816 
djembekah

i'm thinking that the city water has changed somehow. the pH is like 6.6. it was like 7.5 before. it's weird. I'm pretty sure that snails didn't do anything to the pH
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:14 PM   #57817 
djembekah

Zeddie has learned to jump. Lucy found him on the floor. I"m going to try trading sides with them, and if that doesn't work, I may just have to set up the 3 gallon again -_-
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:03 PM   #57818 
LittleBettaFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken Kitty View Post
-sigh- I added in black water extract since my leaves still haven't come in yet. My LPS doesn't have IAL extract; just blackwater. I used the stress coat since I moved a fish from a 20 gallon to a 1 gallon (he's back at my LPS now. he was nipping at everything in the community. the 1 gallon was to bide time between the pet store and an immediate removal from the nipping). My tap has a pretty high ph and ammonia, but usually after I put in conditioner (and etc) everything evens out (the PH goes to 7.4 from 8.4). I use Prime for the ammonia. I understand that adding "crap" will stress it out, but honestly, I'm working with what I have.

None of my other tanks are getting this. It's just the ONE tank, which is why I don't get it. I'm pretty sure that if it were really something that I was doing wrong, it would pop up in the others as well.
Blackwater extract shouldn't stress your fish. In my experience it doesn't really do much in the way of bringing down the pH.

Only product I have found that brought down the pH and maintained it for several days straight, was Seachem Neutral Regulator.

My water is extremely soft (KH is non-existent) and if you don't add crushed coral or stabilise it somehow it will drop from around 7 to at least 6 (as low as my test kit will go).

I used Seachem Neutral Regulator in my uncyled tanks as the constant pH fluctuations from high to low were stressing my fish out. I honestly saw no negative effects and I am not one that is inclined to mess with the chemistry of my water.

If you can't get your pH sorted and feel uncomfortable with it being so high, you could try that. I believe it also acts as a water conditioner and removes chlorine/chloramine/ammonia.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:12 PM   #57819 
Hadoken Kitty

Everything seems to be working out better now. Thank you littlebettafish for the tip. I'll look into that, just in case I get another weird spike.
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:15 PM   #57820 
LittleBettaFish

No worries. Hopefully it was just something they did to the water supply and it goes back to normal from now on.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese