Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:14 PM   #58482 
Freyja
Banned

Uh oh lol
Freyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:19 PM   #58483 
FishyFishy89

Females can build bubble nests right? I coulda sworn I read that somewhere on the betta forum

I got a panorama shot of the 75 gal. Its a bit blurry.....I tried to take it with my new camera, but it made my tank look like a "double bowfront" xD
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:53 PM   #58484 
Hadoken Kitty

I think so. it just threw me off lol
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:30 PM   #58485 
Laki

Haha, dogs love sounds. We were watching documentaries about how dogs differe from all other domesticated soecies in how they interact wih humans. Even puppies as young as 6 months will watch a stranger's eyes for clues as to what to do (or steal a treat from). The experimenter used her eyes to tell the dog to wait, as soon as she closed her eyes, the dog ate the treat but you could tell he was thinking about the consequences. All kinds of other things too.

That birth control question was interesting. My sister takes some kind of bc which makes her only cycle once every 3 months or something. That scares me bc the effects of long term fallopian damage has not been studied. Not that I want kids but other people might do damage before they even know.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:07 PM   #58486 
djembekah

That's scary Laki. I've been taking bc for almost four years o.o i definitely want kids and i don't want any damage to my oven. now I'm going to be paranoid forever.

wooork. i need a knitting project for my breaks......
Posted via Mobile Device
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:16 PM   #58487 
FishyFishy89

I agree. I deff don't need kids now(financially not read) but I deff want kids later on. I'm still on the research of bcs tho.
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:20 PM   #58488 
Laki

low hormone bc shouldn't really adversely affect the birth canal but in my psych class they were discussing the ones which stop the period long term (depo provera and one of the daily pills).. idk. Plus everyone is different and don't be paranoid!
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:36 PM   #58489 
Silverfang

I've been on BC for 20 years.. ish. I can't go off. Last time I did... I needed a trip to the ER.

Also, I have a girl who's started to nest as well.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:43 PM   #58490 
Sakura8

A trip the ER?

I do know that some of the BC can cause bleeding. That's just one thing to be aware of.

Hadoken, have you checked your filter? Sometimes, if a filter hasn't been rinsed lately, it'll cause bubbles like that. Especially Aquaclears.

One 3 gallon tank, 2 bamboo plants, one sponge filter, one betta, a handful of salvinia. How the heck can the thing be covered in algae?!?!

Micho, use a razor blade or an algae scraper to try and get the hard water stains off.

EDIT: I don't want kids. EVER. When I was having an xray done and the guy handed me the lead sheet to protect myself, I almost tossed it away.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese