Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-28-2013, 08:57 PM   #58501 
LittleBettaFish

I get awful pains. I literally cannot get out of bed for one day every month because of it. I went to the doctors because I thought I had something wrong, but I don't appear to. I get terrible gas pain (I thought a cyst or something had burst one night), back pain and this weird sensation in my foot that makes me want to vomit. One minute I'm boiling hot, and the next minute I'm freezing cold and my teeth are chattering.

Pain killers just take the edge off. The best I can do is just lie in bed with a heat pack on my back and a heat pack on my stomach.

I don't even want children ever. Would love to have something that could just come along and (painlessly and easily) stop my cycle for as long as I wanted.

I hate when some women tell you just to suck it up. Pain is a very personal thing and everyone has a different tolerance threshold.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:58 PM   #58502 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken Kitty View Post
I'm going to say the non expectance of arrival is a load of horse stuff. Lol. I never expect mine when it pops up and it makes me wanna curl in a ball and cry every time. Not sure if that's just my PCOS or not, but it's never expected. It just happens on random dates for random amounts of time. And I do not go to church at all, so I cannot explain the Judeo-Christian society thing, as I am not a part os that subculture. :3
I've never expected my "monthly time". Before I became *ehem*active*ehem*, I never had the PMS symptoms. These days, I get a full blast of the symptoms. I'm usually incapacitated for 2-3 days, can barely muster the strength to get out of the bed.
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:11 PM   #58503 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

OKAY here we go.. He doesn't like me or appreciate my efforts very much so far..

Sorry. >.<
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:15 PM   #58504 
Hadoken Kitty

Ahhh Olympia he's so cute!!! =D
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:26 PM   #58505 
Tikibirds

Walmart raised the prices of their bettas - CT's are now $8 and VT's are $6

'lympia - he is a cutie :D

More pic spammage because I can

mmmm...fish food. Nom noms

Last edited by Tikibirds; 02-28-2013 at 09:30 PM.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:32 PM   #58506 
Laki

Olympia, he's astounding!!

As for the judeo-christian thing- hate to be the harbinger but you don't need to go to church to live in a J-C society. Politics, economics, ideology is all the hegemonic system in North America for the most part. These ideas that the menarche cycle is dirty and shameful arose out of a purely patriarchal ideology, which J-C is and which is what we are currently living under.. Whether we want to or not.

Judeo-Christianity is not the sub-culture.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:35 PM   #58507 
Hadoken Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post
Olympia, he's astounding!!

As for the judeo-christian thing- hate to be the harbinger but you don't need to go to church to live in a J-C society. Politics, economics, ideology is all the hegemonic system in North America for the most part. These ideas that the menarche cycle is dirty and shameful arose out of a purely patriarchal ideology, which J-C is and which is what we are currently living under.. Whether we want to or not.

Judeo-Christianity is not the sub-culture.
It honestly depends on which definition you want to use. I'm just using a basic communications definition, being that there can be one major culture with many sub-cultures in it, and subcultures within those. Each religion having it's own sub culture. My bad for assuming on your part which definition you were using. (:
Old 02-28-2013, 09:43 PM   #58508 
Laki

I'm using Sociology as my field for assumption.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:44 PM   #58509 
Hadoken Kitty

Ah, well, my argument ends here. I try to use a basic rule to not talk about things I don't know about. Sociology is on of them. I know that communications can fall under sociology, but that's about as far as I've gotten with that one. :P
Old 02-28-2013, 10:11 PM   #58510 
blu the betta

my teeth hurt so much!!!!
blu the betta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese