Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-01-2013, 05:17 AM   #58521 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Thanks guys. :D
Of course he got a faulty heater that put him to 85F the first night. >_>

Chem teacher: does anyone know what billiard balls came from before they invented these plastics?
Me: elephant ivory
~~
Chem teacher: does anyone know what ethers were used for back in the day?
Me: anesthesia.

Sooo everyone in my Chem class thinks it's weird that I know all these random facts and everytime they turn and look at me like "huh?" xD
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by Olympia; 03-01-2013 at 05:53 AM.
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:43 AM   #58522 
Hadoken Kitty

Lulssss. PCOS is Poly-Cystic Ovarian Syndrome. Sleep. I wants it. I don't want to go to class today. T.T
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:23 AM   #58523 
Sakura8

Poly-cystic . . . is that where you frequently get cysts? I probably have that but I dunno. I have never seen a doctor for anything below the waist but above the knees and I am determined to keep it that way.

Odd and weird facts are fun. It just means you read a wide variety of things, Olympia. :)

Tiki, maybe something is eating your duckweed? Herbivorous fish love the stuff. Snails too, maybe. I found one of my ramshorns snails hanging upside down from the salvinia.

Although, I really can't get duckweed to grow either. It gets sucked into the filter. But salvinia? Tanks and tanks now. All from a handful that Kfryman sent me.

Insomnia again. You know, ever since I made the decision to cut down on my soda intake my sleep has been wonky. Maybe soda for breakfast, lunch, and dinner wasn't so bad after all.

Why you rats so stinky?!? I just changed the bedding yesterday afternoon!
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:27 AM   #58524 
Hadoken Kitty

It means your ovaries create a ton of cysts. Very painful and makes a really weird mess of your hormone levels.

I just throw a round sponge filter over my intake. Haven't had an issue with plants being sucked up. :P

Soda actually does do that. You have to ween yourself off of it. If you drank three a day, start drinking two. It will make it harder to sleep, but don't drink it before bed. Any time you change something in your normal schedule, your body reacts, especially by disrupting your sleep cycle.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:31 AM   #58525 
Sakura8

My sleep cycle is wacky to begin with, always has been. When I was drinking lots of soda it was actually normal. Sigh. If I had a life, my sleep would totally be interfering with it.

Oh. No, I just get a cyst every now and then. Or what I assume is a cyst. Since I refuse to go be examined, I'll probably never know for sure.

The only plant that gets sucked into the filter for me is duckweed. It doesn't even get sucked in by the filter intake. It just floats in through the outpour all by itself and I find it stuck to the foam.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:49 AM   #58526 
Hadoken Kitty

I'm sorry, that sucks. :( I really don't know what else to say.

I woke up at least ten times last night from a stiff back and neck. My muscles just tense up so bad. I'd ask for a muscle relaxant but...I don't think I'd wake up if I got a morning job. xD

I'm so psyched to start conditioning my girl and boy!!! I got two girls from PetSmart and the super stressed girl's stress lines are going away. Their ammonia burns have pretty much gone away over night as well. Nothing else is wrong with them. I looked them over really well. I'm just skeptical of this girl's markings on her head. Not sure why she has such dark spots on her head, so I'm looking for fish of the same spawn. Hopefully someone will post a "new rescue" thread or picture that looks similar to this girl so I can get to my breeding. >:)

duckweed.....it's starting to sound like quite the hassle. :P
Old 03-01-2013, 09:02 AM   #58527 
Yuuie

morning all once again managed to get up on my day off to play cab lol
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:15 AM   #58528 
blu the betta

morning yuuie.
blu the betta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:44 AM   #58529 
Yuuie

morning blu
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:48 AM   #58530 
Hadoken Kitty

morning everyone!!! can I crawl back into bed and skip class? Kidding...I can't miss another class....still, though. I want sleep! T.T

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese