Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-04-2013, 09:47 PM   #58661 
Hadoken Kitty

Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:21 PM   #58662 
Sakura8

I took my new betta girl out of the sorority since she was just hiding and put her back in the puffer tank. Everyone says pea puffers can't get along with other fish but so far so good. The betta girl is fast enough to avoid being nipped if the puffers should try but not so big that she can eat them. Still floating Sybil. I look at her and the only way I can tell she's alive is I can see her pectoral fins flitting away even though she's on her side on the bottom.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:08 AM   #58663 
djembekah

Poor Sybil :(

totally started a group about yarn and knitting and crocheting on facebook. I'm soooo gonna abuse it guise watch out
Posted via Mobile Device
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:24 AM   #58664 
Yuuie

morning all yay new group
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:11 AM   #58665 
Laki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
Acclimate him very slowly, Laki. Fish get used to those bad conditions and putting him in clean water too quick will shock him.. I'd spend a day or two doing the first water change slowly, and raising the heat if that's needed too, especially since I'm guessing he's been in there for a very long time.
oh my goodness, yes thank you! I forgot about this, was gonna plop him in the super water I prepped last night.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:13 AM   #58666 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Yep. I always compare it to how malnourished people get really sick if they start eating rich foods too suddenly.. Just cause they get used to horrible things doesn't mean it should stay that way for them. Hope the fishie pulls through.. Are you going to keep him?
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:17 AM   #58667 
Laki

I remember reading that somewhere here, people rescue fish and shock them with clean water too suddenly. Yes, I will acclimate him very slowly. I don't know what condition he's in and since my mom only texts me when she wants something I haven't heard from her in over a week- which is when she told me he was floating and dead-like. So, I'm taking him today and if I can revive him I don't want her having him back tbh. She is notorious for this kind of thing (when I moved out at age 18 I couldn't take my dog so some days I would go up and she would have "forgotten" to feed and water him for god's sake) .. The fish is a gorgeous VT purpley dalmatian.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:18 AM   #58668 
thekinetic

Hey people, ugh yesterday sucked. :( They were redoing the gas lines so we had no heat yesterday, so I spent it trying to keep my poor MoMo warm. We're all fine now though!:)
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:22 AM   #58669 
djembekah

Grrble. i could not sleep. well eventually i did for a few hours. i need to get rady for work though...blehn
Posted via Mobile Device
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:57 PM   #58670 
Tikibirds

I fall asleep and an hr later my dog woke me up
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese