Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:52 AM   #58812 
djembekah

I am a knitting machine.
Posted via Mobile Device
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 05:36 AM   #58813 
LittleBettaFish

Feeling slightly optimistic tonight. I put some film canisters in my Betta rutilans tank thinking nothing was going to happen because I didn't think I had any females.

Turns out I may be wrong as one of the fish I bred (and I think either her brother or father), were up in one of the canisters trying to wrap. Unfortunately, they were interrupted when the film canister wedged up against the glass and the male got locked out.

I think I accidentally killed my original female during their last tank move so I am glad that I may still have a female to carry on the line after all.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:14 AM   #58814 
Yuuie

morning all
Old 03-08-2013, 08:12 AM   #58815 
Laki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
Haha, too bad they didn't give you some money to go in that new wallet.

Working with wild animals. Dangerous. A woman was killed yesterday by a lion at a reputable big cat sanctuary yesterday. Sadly, they shot and killed the lion too. It's a little unclear; either she was in the cage and she wasn't supposed to be or she was in the main cage cleaning and the lion escaped from a holding pen. The lion was even on Ellen when he was a cub.
omg ho unfortunate!! What a sad story, for both the woman and her family and the lion :( I follow these guys, was it this organization? http://bigcatrescue.org/ I know they're in FL but I don't know if there's a branch in CA.

I'm too tired to go to school. I have given up altogether going to class on Tuesday and Thursday bc my only class is at 330pm and is 100% captured and put online! And Friday I only have one class at 12 but it's awful hard getting up to go to it. I am because I need to meet with the prof afterwards.

vfjnke;bakg
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:24 AM   #58816 
Yuuie

well off to work i go i guess have a good day everone
Old 03-08-2013, 08:46 AM   #58817 
ThePearlFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
Haha, too bad they didn't give you some money to go in that new wallet.

Working with wild animals. Dangerous. A woman was killed yesterday by a lion at a reputable big cat sanctuary yesterday. Sadly, they shot and killed the lion too. It's a little unclear; either she was in the cage and she wasn't supposed to be or she was in the main cage cleaning and the lion escaped from a holding pen. The lion was even on Ellen when he was a cub.
This is why I'll never enter a cage with a wild animal like that.. If it escaped from the holding pen though, that would be a different matter.. Don't these guys like carry bear mace or something to protect themselves if something happened??

Of course, things happen, but this is why every precaution is vital when working with these animals.

The story kinda reminded me of this father out elk hunting with his two sons in Grand Teton Park, this bear charged them and the father hit him with the bear mace and when that didn't deter it, the two sons shot and killed the bear. They called the authorities on the spot and there was this whole investigation into whether or not they should be charged for killing the bear.. Umm, let's see, protect yourself and kill what is trying to kill you or die a horrible painful death?? It was said that the bear ended up dying about 8 feet of something away from where the hunters stood, so they were DARN lucky they made out with their lives and no injuries..

Anyways the outcome was that they found that the hunters shot and killed in self defense, which is not a punishable offense. Apparently, the bear had killed an elk carcass and they didn't know the bear was close by feasting, and the bear was defending his kill.

But, if the guys did end up being injured or getting killed, the fish and wildlife people would have probably gone out to find and kill the bear anyhow, so yea... :P
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:54 AM   #58818 
blu the betta

found $5.00 yesterday. so im gonna go by a female betta from petsmart. (they are having a betta sale)
blu the betta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:48 AM   #58819 
ao
TFK Moderator

Oh dear, it's snowing.
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:53 AM   #58820 
Crowntails

Snowing here in Connecticut. Got a foot now! We were suppose to get only 3-5 inches (I live in Central CT). Bad weatherman.
Crowntails is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese