betta fish

Old 03-15-2013, 08:04 PM   #59161 
djembekah

Im cold amd my feet hurt
Posted via Mobile Device
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:19 PM   #59162 
Sakura8

Had a wonderful talk with my local koi expert and he managed to convince me not to rehome my koi just yet. He said, surprisingly, that nitrates as high as 50ppm are often normal for outdoor ponds. Mine gets as high as 80ppm or even more (haven't tested it in months, scared to). He can't figure out why my nitrates are so high for a pond my size with the 3 fish in there but he said as long as they don't appear ill, might as well leave them. He also said one reason why my koi might never come up to the surface to eat is because they've basically reverted back to wild status and are eating from natural food sources on the bottom. When the hyacinth start growing again in the spring, I'll get a bucketload of those and put them in to help control the nitrates. He gave so much wonderful advice that I felt bad not buying anything.

I've curled up with 3 cats on a double bed before. It's a double but it seems less because there are two cats beds on it (which, being summer, the cats ignored and went to sleep on the cool cotton comforter).

Olympia, your dogs must like you if they want to sleep with you.

Sorry/happy about your apisto girl, by the way.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:33 PM   #59163 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Reverted to wild status, holy. o.O

Mocha cut her foot today. Those special bandage wraps at Petsmart, guys, AWESOME. Get them. We used them at the vet clinic for everything and I saw them at Petsmart and was like OMG WE NEED THIS. Mocha can't get it off her foot. It's great.

Yea, I got my pair of apistos. Maybe someday I will find ladies..
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:49 PM   #59164 
Sakura8

Aw, poor Mocha.

This is the world's most hyper rat. I think she was bottle fed 5 Hour Energy as a baby.

I'd love to try to breed apistos some day. I'd love to get ANYTHING to breed. *glares at flagfish*

I was told that 65-75% water changes are enough to stimulate breeding in koi during the spring and since that's the size water I change I do, I have come to the conclusion that I have a pair of the same gender. Oh well, although koi babies would be nice, what would I do with them?

It's taking a long time for the city to approve my houseplans. I really need to move soon. I have literally run out of places to put my books. They are now in stacks on the floor by my desk.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:53 PM   #59165 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Made $15 shoveling driveways and its all going in the "fish fund".
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:54 PM   #59166 
Sakura8

No snow here or I'd try to cash in on that too.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:58 PM   #59167 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Lucky you. Believe me, I would trade the snow away any day! It does make for cozy winters though. I could always mow lawns!
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:58 PM   #59168 
FishyFishy89

I had my lesson today
My butt hurts....my trainer made me do sitting trot. Her horse is bouncy!!! Normal horses' trots are hard enough to sit, but on a bouncy horse?! Ouchy!

I love watching my juvie angels chase each other. It's cute.
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:30 PM   #59169 
dramaqueen
Banned

I just got $70 for petsitting.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:33 PM   #59170 
Yuuie

hi all back from work was a busy day. also city had a water main break to which sucked but looks like they got things fixed for most of the city anyway still some area's that have to boil there water until monday. most places are out of bottled water now too lol. well not really funny but so tired now odd things are making me laugh.
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese