Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-28-2011, 04:31 PM   #5911 
fightergirl2710

Hey fishman!
I was thinking about guppies but they seem small and really shiny XD Girls might give them hair cuts.. I don't know.. Anyone had luck with guppies?
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 04:32 PM   #5912 
Bettawolf19

Take caution with the guppies because if you need to treat the tank with salt they can't have it.
Bettawolf19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 04:35 PM   #5913 
fightergirl2710

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettawolf19 View Post
True but don't fish get better when they are in groups? I was thinking a school of like 5 of them or something. Hmm :( And its interesting Red and Dezzy are running around with breeding bars.. now if only Jezabelle and Peny would lose their stress stripes we would be good :)
I wonder if the whole weight thing counts here.. In the wild, single lions wont go after hyenas if they're more in numbers because of the weight of those hyenas being more than one lion's.. It's some law of nature... I think I'd need more than 5 neons to balance it out lol!

Any one of my girls will always have stress stripes at anytime! I put in the 2 new big girls, they're double the size of all my others.. I had to time out one and the other is not so bad.. She chases but no nipping.. Tank has never been so well behaved.. I'm worried

I don't normally have salt in the tank, I have plants too so it's a no no anyway. :/ But aren't guppies prone to betta attacks?
Old 07-28-2011, 04:37 PM   #5914 
fishman12

Hmmm on another note, my order came today So I'm happeh!
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 04:37 PM   #5915 
Yuuie

lol i tell you they are planing something
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 04:39 PM   #5916 
insertnamehere

It really just depends on your girls. I know of people having good luck with fancy male guppies and male Bettas I'm not sure about in a sorority though.
insertnamehere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 04:47 PM   #5917 
fightergirl2710

Ah, my girls are vicious! One's an attention hog that refuses to give up the front to anyone, she'll chase them away.. Another is a ninja, she slowly comes up from below, gives a girl a small nip in the anal/ caudal fin and gleefully watches them run.. One is usually beat up because she's at the bottom but is determined to go up! No. 4 is the sanest, she has no nips and doesn't bother with fights.. New girls are still not settled. Chunkers loves to dart around and ruin the calm and Awesome Sauce will flare away to kingdom come.. That's why I'm worried about the guppies lol!

Yay fishman! Congrats :D
Old 07-28-2011, 04:50 PM   #5918 
insertnamehere

Hmm I don't know if tetras would be bad necessarily with your tank. But they can nip. How about some cherry barbs or something similar?
insertnamehere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 04:51 PM   #5919 
fishman12

Now just to wait 10 days for the driftwood is done releasing tannins. And until I get a thermometer. And until I'm not lazy enough to sand down the terra cotta pots. and until I get live plants. And- I'm stopping...
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 04:52 PM   #5920 
Bettawolf19

Fighter you need to get a video of your girls lol
Bettawolf19 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese