Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-19-2013, 12:19 AM   #59351 
Tikibirds

Quote:
Is Kannaplex a new thing Tikibirds? I don't remember hearing about it before...
I don't think its a new med but its not easy to get ahold of but has become pretty popular lately (not by anyone in this thread). Its supposed to be easier absorbed by the fish but I haven't seen any better results with it then with Furan 2. If you combine them and add metrodozinal - its supposed to make a powerful anti bactrial/anti parasite combo. Seachem sells small bottles of it under kannaplex.

Kanacyn
Active ingredients: 150 mg capsules, Kanamycin Sulfate, and NaCl
Diseases: full spectrum skin absorbing antibiotic, treats hemorrhage, red body patches, rotting fins and tail rot, protruding or loss of scales, furunculosis, bacterial infections, fungal infections, internal infections.
Contraindications:
This affects the bacterial cell membrane which is responsible for bringing nutrients into the cell and taking waste out of the cell. The antibiotics disrupt this process. It is toxic when overdosed.

These antibiotics prevent protein synthesis and effect the cells ability to reproduce.

Not to be used in fish with dropsy assuming the cause is associated to kidney malfunction. More effective with high pH and hardness levels, the opposite of tetracycline.

Info from another popular fish forum.

in other news - SNOW, glorious SNOW...
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:25 AM   #59352 
Tikibirds

Quote:
I kind of want to tear down this stupid 20gal since the plants are faltering and convert it into something else but I hate to get rid of the fish. The dwarf loaches cost $10 a piece. No way could I feasibly recoup my losses.
Dumb question but can't you keep the fish and switch to fake plants or do loaches require live plants?

I so wish grace would ditch the goldies and go with something else. She has a really long dresser like thing that could easily hold 2 two 40 or 55 gallon tanks but noooo..she has to keep her army of snowglobes on it. The older fish's fins are seriously shredded.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:35 AM   #59353 
Yuuie

ack hotmail how could you...

next you'll make me upgrade msn to skype XD
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:38 AM   #59354 
Sakura8

Who wrote up that info on Kanaplex? A lot of it is bunk. This is much more reliable info:

Aquarium Antibiotic Treatments; Triple Sulfa, Tetracycline, Erythromycin, Kanamycin, more

Tiki, yeah, I could keep the fish and switch to fake plants but the whole point of the tank was to be planted. The fish were just supposed to be sidekicks. *shrugs* Dumb plants.

Poor goldies. :(

EDIT: Yuuie, what happened with hotmail?
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:01 AM   #59355 
djembekah

I wanted to take benadryl but forgot to. now I'm in bed and too lazy.
Posted via Mobile Device
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:17 AM   #59356 
Yuuie

hotmail upgraded me to outlook for some reason that i'm sure they messaged me about but forget what it actually was lol. and my msn well most likely be next well have to upgrade that to skype soon if they don't make me first. but now time for bed laters all.
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 03:21 AM   #59357 
copperarabian

Thanks Tikibirds and Sakura, interesting info on that medication
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:03 AM   #59358 
Laki

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy89 View Post
So what's all the hype about Bing? It's just another search engine like Google. What makes it better?
Because Google is google. It's the bestest. It really is. I want a Chrome book as my next computer but I need 250$.

Good morning!! Woke up after kind of 9 hours of sleep (kind of bc I didn't sleep well, kept waking up) and then found its -15c with the windchill. heh, so much for global warming.

We watched a N.Korea propaganda film about Americans but I think the voice over translation was joking. They translated it to say all Americans eat the birds and on a clip which showed birds they said these birds will be eaten on Tuesday, yummy. .I laughed but I don't know if it was a joke or not. I seen older documentaries where N. Korean's allowed journalists into the country once and staged the entire thing. idk. Should we be worried about this?
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:47 AM   #59359 
Crowntails

Probably buying the Fluval Flora this week! Yay, new tank for a new fish :D
Crowntails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:28 AM   #59360 
Laki

YAY new tanks!

I have quite the population of cyclops in the shrimp tank. Not sure how to "culture" them since I would probably kill any I tried to remove from the tank and they're too small for the bettas to see I think. I think they're neat though!

I had to use both mine and my mom's 10w heaters last night to keep the shrimp warm. It's after getting SOOOOO cold! Whatever happened to spring?!
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese