Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-20-2013, 02:34 AM   #59441 
Tikibirds

Quote:
sssssoooooo
what's wrong with making sure non-native species, that maybe harmful to the area, don't get to the area and establish themselves?
It sounds like they are trying to limit what pets you can have to just the basic "cat, dog, rabbit, goldfish" and aparently llamas. Aren't llamas native to south america? Unless they have a huge list of aquatic exclusions, its just goldfish.

Quote:
any other species or subspecies that the Director determines to be common and clearly domesticated.
I do NOT like the wording of that.
Quote:
to knowingly possess such an animal, or the descendant of an animal
Where, exactly does my chinchilla and snails fall?

Last edited by Tikibirds; 03-20-2013 at 02:37 AM.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:44 AM   #59442 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Hmmm, sounds like a very unrealistic law. :p
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:48 AM   #59443 
djembekah

I haven't slept yet. its almost four am. benadryl and ibuprofen it is.
Posted via Mobile Device
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:50 AM   #59444 
Laki

Bekah, get to sleep now. It's 9am in parts of the world! :P

This law seems unreasonable, though I didn't click it and I DON'T sign petitions. How did they come to write the bill up in the first place? Is there a problem with invasive species? Everybody around the world realeases goldfish which to me seems like the worst one to dump into natural lakes and ponds.

Free bus rides all day with my student id. Good.

Had kind of messed up dreams about having no money and needing to buy my dog Coco and cat Oliver a sweater each but didn't know what sizes to get so I got all the sizes in multiple colors. I think the dream was telling me to stop spending money until I get a job... But cats and dogs love sweater!
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:52 AM   #59445 
Silverfang

I woke up to have my interview postponed. Apparently bad weather caused the interviewer to be stuck in Toronto.

I'm going back to bed since right now it hurts to have my eyes open. I think I over did it yesterday. And am going to try to nip this potential migraine with my magic medicine.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:55 AM   #59446 
Yuuie

morning all hope you feel better silver
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:12 AM   #59447 
brookeandbubba

i hate headaches, i get them often X|
brookeandbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:56 AM   #59448 
Hadoken Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post
I think the dream was telling me to stop spending money until I get a job... But cats and dogs love sweater!
This quote....LOL

Quote:
how are bettas an invassive species?
They're non-native to North America.

My back hurts reaaaaaally bad.....tired of my boyfriend squeezing me against the wall at night...or almost pushing me off the bed....and stealing the covers...I can't win. T.T
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:16 PM   #59449 
Freyja
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post
How did they come to write the bill up in the first place? Is there a problem with invasive species? Everybody around the world realeases goldfish which to me seems like the worst one to dump into natural lakes and ponds.
Well there is problem with non-native snakes released into the wild, to name one species. Irresponsible owners buy snakes, then the snakes get too big and since they can't or don't rehome them, they release them. This is a problem in the Everglades. Here in Puerto Rico, there is a problem with green iguanas. They eat the eggs of native birds. Also monkeys are a problem here in Puerto Rico. They got released by some irresponsible researchers and they damage crops and property. Unfortunately Fish and Wildlife does very little and they don't allow the farmers to do anything either to eradicate them. Iguana, though, makes for some tasty stew.
Freyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 03:51 PM   #59450 
Hadoken Kitty

There's also an issue with people owning pet alligators. I wish they'd be more specific and broaden with that...instead of being broad and ruining it for everyone. They really don't kid when they say that one person can ruin it for everyone. :/
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese