Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-24-2013, 12:42 AM   #59671 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Quote:
Matt, I personally think Petco carries a much better selection of bettas. The prices are more though but they have double tails, plakats, halfmoon plakats, halfmoon doubletail plakats, delta tails, super deltas, elephant ears, halfmoons, king bettas, crowntails, veiltails, and crowntails. And in amazing colors. But whether or not the bettas are taken care of depends on individual Petcos.
Aaahhhhhh! So excited, because they don't even sell half of those in Canada. Even if I can only look!
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:52 AM   #59672 
Sakura8

Not all Petcos sell the elephant ears because they can't sell them. I mean, they ask almost $40 for them. o.O

You're going to be like a kid in a candy shop. :D
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:23 AM   #59673 
Yuuie

was close though only like a 100 point differenc
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 03:22 AM   #59674 
Bombalurina

Lol, I just paid $40 for a dragon HMPK female (though she isn't a shop-fish). Doesn't seem too extortionate for an elephant ear to me. :p They'd probably be about $60 if we got them here.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 04:27 AM   #59675 
LittleBettaFish

God I am so sick of renovations and having my younger brother invite people over like every night of the week while he is staying down here.

I don't know why he thought it was a good idea to cut wood up in the lounge room so that sawdust got all into the carpet and I had to spend an hour getting it out.

So not looking forward to when they start doing the plaster. Going to be dust everywhere.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:26 AM   #59676 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

I'm so close to the states (30 min) that I could go to Petco to get bettas..
There's an EE splendens in the auction but I don't want her. xD
Gonna try and get my wilds, my rainbows, maybe those swords. And live worm culture. Squee!
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:02 AM   #59677 
Sparrowhawk

I started my body piercing course today and it was SO EXCITING. I've been wanting to do it since I was 13, and since family and finances always intervened, I've had to wait till 24 to finally do it. And boy did I get the warm and fuzzies doing what it feels like I should be doing, if that makes sense. Finally, after all these years! Needing to memorize the 30 steps for a safe, clean piercing + studio before next session is going to be hard, but I am super-pumped! :D

Coming home to my boys in their lovely upgraded, fully planted tanks felt FANTASTIC too!

Today has been SO good, and I HAD to get it out, somewhere, somehow, because the excitement just can't be contained! Sorry guys. >.<

And just randomly, I can't stop listening to "Lick It Up" by Kiss. Don't ask me why, it was in my head for ages and now I have access to my music collection it's had to stay one. I'm sure everyone knows how it is when they get a song they can't get rid of from their heads. Right...?
Sparrowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:41 AM   #59678 
MaisyDawgThirteen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
Maisy, haha, yes, they are crazy. I dunno, the brand is some kind of natural brand. Sunseed is also supposed to be a good brand too. Drs Foster Smith carries that.

I thought about joining a hamster or rat forum but then I thought "I got enough on my plate with the fish forum." I have no idea what size Eva's cage is but I'm pretty sure it's not 360 square inches.
I thought the same thing, everyone is so nice here, so why not spend more time here? And anyway there is lots of people on this forum that have hamsters, rats, guinea pigs, chinchillas, etc. That's why I've stuck around here so long - the community.

Last edited by MaisyDawgThirteen; 03-24-2013 at 07:43 AM.
MaisyDawgThirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:44 AM   #59679 
MaisyDawgThirteen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrowhawk View Post
I started my body piercing course today and it was SO EXCITING. I've been wanting to do it since I was 13, and since family and finances always intervened, I've had to wait till 24 to finally do it. And boy did I get the warm and fuzzies doing what it feels like I should be doing, if that makes sense. Finally, after all these years! Needing to memorize the 30 steps for a safe, clean piercing + studio before next session is going to be hard, but I am super-pumped! :D

Coming home to my boys in their lovely upgraded, fully planted tanks felt FANTASTIC too!

Today has been SO good, and I HAD to get it out, somewhere, somehow, because the excitement just can't be contained! Sorry guys. >.<

And just randomly, I can't stop listening to "Lick It Up" by Kiss. Don't ask me why, it was in my head for ages and now I have access to my music collection it's had to stay one. I'm sure everyone knows how it is when they get a song they can't get rid of from their heads. Right...?
Good job on starting a course! You'll do great! Planted tanks are the best, right? :)

I'm off to clean out the hamster cage. :(
MaisyDawgThirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:15 AM   #59680 
Laki

Oh Sparrowhawk! I am so happy for you!! You're the first person I know going through the courses. :) The coffeehouse chat is for this type of convo!

I remember getting my lebret pierced when I was 18 or 19.. Or maybe 20. I only kept it in a few months to a year. The scar is still there and it's funny that more people notice the scar now then they did when it was peirced (except my ex bc I kept a really point spike in which he hated)
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese