Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-24-2013, 09:53 PM   #59751 
Hadoken Kitty

I had a hunting dog that lunged at a squirrel and knocked me on the ground once, skidding my knee cause he dragged me.... >.<

omg. I'm way too psyched about this pair i'm starting to condition tonight. O.M.G. Too psyched.
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:59 PM   #59752 
FishyFishy89

I'm watching Zero Dark Thirty

What's y'alls thought of brutal interrogation? I understand these people have threatened us, but is it really worth it to beat the carp out of them to get information? That is how they found Bin Laden, thorough brutal interrogation of those that knew him.
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:04 PM   #59753 
Sakura8

LBF, is she one of your show dogs too? What an intelligent and sweet face.

I'm so sleepy but I know if I go to sleep now I'll just be wide awake at what should be bed time. >.<

And stop getting new fish everyone! You're making me so jealous because I can't get any.

Ugh. My mom agreed to let this young daughter of a friend stay here for a visit. Now we find out she's going to be here for a week and we're basically just a place for her to leave her stuff before she goes off to her boyfriend (which she also didn't tell us about until she got here). All this after I specifically asked and begged my mother not to invite any houseguests until I am moved out.

So annoying. I hate being used like this. She's a nice girl, don't get me wrong, but ugh.

On the upper hand, I think I may get a new set of knitting needles out of my mom because of this, and whatever else I can wheedle out of it. >.>

Jumping shrimp. It's something to do with their tails, like how they can flip the tail and jet backwards or something. I dunno, there was a member on here a looong time ago who knew all about shrimp and tried to explain it.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:09 PM   #59754 
LittleBettaFish

Yeah she is the main one we show but she has hip dysplasia so now we just show for fun. In spite of that she won a trophy for best GS puppy of the year in our state (at GS only shows) so she isn't doing too badly.

However, wish she had a bit more brains to go with her beauty haha

I hate houseguests. I don't like having other people staying over at my house. I prefer my privacy.
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:20 PM   #59755 
Hadoken Kitty

All of this anatomy studying...why did they have to shut down the labs during spring break too!?

Not sure how I feel about it, honestly. I don't feel too great about "them" kidnapping innocent americans that are overseas, and then posting videos of them being killed online. Kinda rubs me raw to see anyone being treated that way, really.

I was just telling my boyfriend earlier today how I hide whenever our grandparents have company...and sometimes when I do too. >.>;
Old 03-24-2013, 11:20 PM   #59756 
Sakura8

Sorry to hear about the hip dysplasia. And for such a cutie too. :(

Yeah, I prefer my privacy too. I know it's probably really selfish of me but I kinda hate sharing the bathroom and just having people underfoot. It's bad enough when my brother comes home to visit but when non-family people come . . . sigh. And despite knowing this, my mother still invites people.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:21 PM   #59757 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettaFish View Post
Yeah they are big. You don't realise how big until you actually see species like macrostoma, ideii and the like in the flesh.

Did you get your gertrudae in the end?
No kidding.

I never even found the gertrudae actually. I don't know, maybe they didn't show up or something. o.O

I picked up wild type livebearers instead:

Xiphophorus evelynae (platy) (haha horrible photo cropping job):

and Xiphophorus montezumae (swordtail):
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:22 PM   #59758 
Sakura8

Totally loving the montezuma. I hear they have the longest swords of any swordtail type out there.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:25 PM   #59759 
Hadoken Kitty

Olympia: I think it would be a fantastic idea if you would upload a bunch of pics of your fish tanks. I want to see them ALL!
Old 03-24-2013, 11:27 PM   #59760 
LittleBettaFish

They are really cute Olympia. Wild type of anything is always better haha

How big do they grow?
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese