Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-25-2013, 12:34 AM   #59781 
LittleBettaFish

It's extremely aggravating. The female is so keen I think she is going to jump him if he even comes near the place she is hanging out.

I am hoping a tank change up, a higher temperature and some daily flare sessions will start getting him a bit more excited.

He is wild-caught as well so wondering if that has something to do with it.
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:41 AM   #59782 
Hadoken Kitty

Could be possible. Sounds a little like what happened with my attempted marble x copper spawn. They were cuddling before I went to bed, but were on opposite tanks. He must've done something to tick her off. Shredded him to bits, but she was fine. Hopefully that won't happen to your guy, though. :/

If he's wild caught, he may have been one of those "naturally picked out early" ones if he's so skittish. :P Darwinism!!!
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:43 AM   #59783 
LittleBettaFish

Haha I was always so paranoid when I made my few attempts at spawning my splendens. I was so worried I would leave them for ten minutes and come back to find a massacre.

Nah they have been bunking together since January. If she was going to murder him for his incompetence I am sure she would have done it by now.
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:46 AM   #59784 
Hadoken Kitty

She could be slowly plotting his demise. Who knows. Only she does!!!

No, really. Wow, since Jan? Hmm. Maybe she'll just put him in his place then. What man doesn't need that from time to time? :P

I just tried to pop my lower back, and ended up popping my shoulder. Please explain this....someone. T.T
Old 03-25-2013, 01:19 AM   #59785 
Tikibirds

Poor Ba sing Se is sulking in a measly 3G Kritter Keeper. He wants back in with da ladies and 20G tank

Those of you with planted soerities, do you actually rearrage when you get a new girl or just let them go? I'm not inclined to uproot plants

Last edited by Tikibirds; 03-25-2013 at 01:21 AM.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:29 AM   #59786 
djembekah

I don't have a planted sorority and i just let them go.
Posted via Mobile Device
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:35 AM   #59787 
Sakura8

Haha, Hadoken, aren't you the one studying anatomy? YOU tell US. :D The shoulder bone's connected to the back bone . . . *whistles*

I don't have a planted sorority either but I also just release them, no socializing or nothing. I'm either really fortunate or all this talk about aggressive females is myth. I think it is less important to rearrange the territory and more important to be there if you do get an aggressive girl so you can remove her and try again later. But that's just me.

I've never had an aggressive girl beat another up severely, not since I put the first batch of girls in when I started the sorority up (they were monsters at first). Ever since, if a girl is aggressive she just chases others and flares but no one really nips. Mostly, my problem with this approach of just putting them straight in is if a girl is timid and/or doesn't know the ropes and she doesn't come to eat. That's when I usually remove her and give her some special time in her own tank. Once she learns to associate me with food, she goes back in and has always acclimated fine the second time. This was how it was with Chamille, my yellow cambodian who turned cellophane on me (hence her name Chamille, short for chameleon). The first time I put her in, she hid in the back at meal times so I took her out and gave her a week alone. When I put her in again, she was right there with everyone else at mealtime that same day.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:56 AM   #59788 
Hadoken Kitty

I'll try... D: It was my glenohumeral joint (shoulder)...which is nowhere near my sacroiliac join (the one right below your belly button, like where your back dimples are). I was trying to pop the later one, but I guess I turned wrong and put weight on my arm and somehow popped my shoulder? I don't know, lol.

I'm not moving any of my plants. My snails and plecos do that enough for me as it is. I just bag them all up when introducing a new girl and release her first, then the lease aggressive ones. I noticed that my girls have a pecking order. I know their exact order, too. I also mess it up every time I want to condition. :P
Old 03-25-2013, 01:58 AM   #59789 
Sakura8

I learned something new today. My shoulder is called my glenohumeral joint. Personally, I'm glad we just call it shoulder. I can picture people now. "Oh, my aching gleno-glenohoo-glenowha-this thing right here!" *points to shoulder area*

Yeah, don't bother. If you uproot all your plants they may get mad and go into a sulk. The plants, I mean.

EDIT: Tiki, why did you remove Ba Sing? Did he finally remember he was a male?
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 02:05 AM   #59790 
Hadoken Kitty

I meant that I bag all of my girls...not the plants. re-reading that; it seems a little confusing!

Yea, me too! Makes it a pain when studying anatomy, though! Thankfully we all had that friend that thought "gluteus maximus" was hilarious. THANK YOU IMMATURE FRIEND. I was one of them. Little did I know, there is a medius under it. Who would've thought!? Also, a big thank you to the random "fun facts" like Achilles tendon. Even though our professor wanted us to remember it as calcaneal, and I had to google "synonym for calcaneal tendon" just to remember what it is. Haha.

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese