MattsBettas
Reference Team

Do apple snails eat plants?
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:53 AM   #59942 
Laki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken Kitty View Post
Laki, are you going to be a teacher? For adults or kids? I've found that presenting anything to children is 100 times easier than presenting things to adults.

Crash studying before this quiz. I think I've got this, but I just want to be sure.
junior high-high school aged. Don't have the patience for smaller kids, I did girl guides and they're just....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfang View Post
Oh Laki, if you still want another boy, I'm looking into picking up a new tank so cranky isn't cramped up
huh?
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:54 AM   #59943 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

They have been known to. I would keep mine on big rubber bins and feed the spinach or what ever else they will eat, I had one once but he died before he could get very big but he liked to eat carrot slices :)
BeautifulBetta123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:30 PM   #59944 
Hadoken Kitty

Laki- Oh okay. I meant like K-6. Haha. I've found that while kindergarteners are adorable, they can be quite the pain in the rear. Honestly, the third through fifth graders are the most well behaved. Sixth grade is when they really start talking back, and I don't have patience for lip. Hah. I feel like I'll be a tiger mom one day..... xD

I have two mystery snails in my 20 gallon and I often find them munching on my dying onion grass. Not sure if it's because it's dying, or because they killed it. If they're killing it, then I'll have to re-home them. Keeping plants are a pain, and I'm sure snails don't help. Haha.

Omg. Test anxiety is starting to kick in. I'm not sure if I'm ready for this anymore. T.T
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:53 PM   #59945 
Sakura8

You are, Hadoken. Believe in yourself. We believe in you. :) You've studied and you've studied some more.

I've read that apple snails only eat plants if they aren't fed well enough but I dunno. Silverfang feeds her snails super well and they still ate all her plants.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:57 PM   #59946 
xjenuhfur

My roomies 2.5gal tank is literally green and so cloudy you can barely see her fish.
Its gross. I've "hinted" more than once to clean the tank, yet she still hasn't cleaned it.
When I get home I think I'm going to have to change it myself. She bought those clear colored stones, and I think its not helping the water quality any. They seem to be leeching into the water, since the tank is on the windowsill. I don't know how she sits next to it all the time. I don't think shes changed it since before Spring Break, which was over 2 weeks ago.
xjenuhfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:03 PM   #59947 
GoodMorning

sakura's guest is an apple snail, slowly acclimating to the house, lol.

btw, what is the update on ur guest? lol...
GoodMorning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:06 PM   #59948 
Sakura8

GoodMorning, LOL! That's so funny.

She's still here. She borrowed a pair of my sweatpants. Haven't seen 'em since. Gonna have to ask for them I guess.

EDIT: Jen, aww. That poor thing. I never know how people can spend all day by a dirty fish tank and not feel guilty.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:11 PM   #59949 
xjenuhfur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
GoodMorning, LOL! That's so funny.

She's still here. She borrowed a pair of my sweatpants. Haven't seen 'em since. Gonna have to ask for them I guess.

EDIT: Jen, aww. That poor thing. I never know how people can spend all day by a dirty fish tank and not feel guilty.
Don't steal a girls sweatpants! Thats grounds for a girlfight! *z-snap*

&& yeah, Idk. I think I'm gonna end up cleaning it and/or making a divider and giving him a little section of my 10gal until she decides to take care of him. He'll get fed, have 3gal to himself, and br in more than half decent water conditions. (mine aren't perfect, but I do my changes and keep them as clean as I possibly can) I'm afraid if I do this though, I'll end up with a new fish.
And I think he's got fin rot, or atleast a horrible fin biting problem. /sigh
xjenuhfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:16 PM   #59950 
Laki

Oh K-6 are sweet I guess. Wouldn't want to spend an 8 hour workday with them though, at least the older they are the better conversations you get: ex, a friend of mine in her junior high internship had a student ask her why the Germans gassed the Jewish people when they could have just shipped them out of Europe. Got into a whole new class on the Holocaust, and the World's role in it.

Hadoken, we believe in you!!! Imagine the end of the exam when you're taking a deep breath and feeling self assured bc the studying you put into it seemed to have paid off!
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese