Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-30-2013, 11:02 PM   #60101 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

The sword is so funny. He's probably the biggest guy in there besides the farlowella, and he will sit there and deliberately pick off the smallest pieces of food he can find on the ground. XD
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 11:13 PM   #60102 
LittleBettaFish

Haha one of my female bettas takes on the BBS I put in for the fry. I don't even know how she sees it, the BBS is so tiny.

How big do those guys get? The photos I've seen online make them look small but I know photos are deceptive and swordtails usually reach a decent size.
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 11:15 PM   #60103 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Nawh, these guys hit about 2-2.5", but the males are about 5-5.5" with a full grown tail. The tail is supposed to be longer than the body length.
Old 03-30-2013, 11:19 PM   #60104 
LittleBettaFish

Too bad I don't think anyone even sells them here. They are something I could have in one of my tanks. They probably also cost a fortune over here.

I need to be content with cheap danios or guppies. I have an expensive taste in fish.
Old 03-30-2013, 11:20 PM   #60105 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

You'd have to bump your pH up. o.O
Though I would trade tap water with you. Way cheaper to make it go up than down...
Old 03-30-2013, 11:22 PM   #60106 
LittleBettaFish

I just chuck a massive amount of crushed coral into my filter. My goldfish tank has a high pH and higher KH because I put a big stocking full of crushed coral into a couple of the filters.

But I agree, much easier to go up than it is to go down.
Old 03-30-2013, 11:30 PM   #60107 
Sakura8

The only male swordtail I had seemed to have a defective tail of some sort. It was either a defect or he was going to be a double tail sword. Poor chap died before it grew out enough. I was so mad because he was part of a showa koi swordtail trio I was planning on breeding. The females all died soon after too, of no apparent cause. I was left with about 5 five fry in one tank and 2 fry in another. All but the biggest fry in my 20gal got eaten by my flagfish and she has grown into a big and beautiful girl. The girl who survived in my 29gal is stunted for some reason and about the size of a dwarf platy. :(
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 02:27 AM   #60108 
djembekah

Poptartsssss
Posted via Mobile Device
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 02:32 AM   #60109 
Hadoken Kitty

Tonight is a mess. A complete and total mess. Red bacteria and green bacteria all over my 2 gal. My stem plants are dieing now. Pulled my betta out and he's acclimating to a temp QT until I can do a 100% deep clean of this stupid tank (tomorrow).

Also, I have the single most easily stressed betta in the world. It's driving me crazy. Absolutely bonkers. Turn on a light: he gets so stressed that he turns cellophane. HE IS A BLACK AND RED FISH. He denied food twice. Third time's the charm. Omg, this fish. I might have to move my first betta in a long time downstairs so I can put this big wuss of a fish in my currently over-run by bacteria tank once it's clean.

Banging head against the wall. I just want these two males to stop being such pains.
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 02:37 AM   #60110 
Tikibirds

say you are allergic to lamb??

Holy mother of goldfish!
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese