Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-31-2013, 11:48 PM   #60181 
Hadoken Kitty

Oh you guys....!

So, sandy bottoms (LOL). Got it. Now I just need a giant spongebob....
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 11:49 PM   #60182 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Eel harmony.com?!

Sakura you should tell your houseguest that sparky is cuddly. I dare you. Kidding lol.
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 11:52 PM   #60183 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Man I really want those eels now. -_- I'll be darned if I get talked into SW for the 180... But it was supposed to be a predator tank either way, SW predators are just so cute.. Hehe.

Okay, you all, it's bed time! Distracting me with goldfish questions....
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 11:59 PM   #60184 
Hadoken Kitty

Hehehe! Omg. Bubble-making is totally getting done, now!!! Excited, because my last two males sort of just danced and wanted to breed, minus the nest. This one knows what's up!!! My excitement is abut to go over-board.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:06 AM   #60185 
Sakura8

Night Oli. Sweet fish dreams. Of vicious-looking but cuddly eels!
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:26 AM   #60186 
Silverfang

holy giant amanos. I still have all three. And one shed today. Don't know if my boys are docile, not likely, too planted, likely for the one tank, or too encumbered by fins, likely for my unnamed boy.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:28 AM   #60187 
Hadoken Kitty

Night Olympia!!

Sakura....You should seriously create an eel dating site. Like Matt said....Eelharmony.com!!!
Old 04-01-2013, 12:32 AM   #60188 
Hadoken Kitty

Why do I keep getting signed out!? D:
Old 04-01-2013, 12:39 AM   #60189 
Sparrowhawk

You must be so excited, HK!

Speaking of breeding... An acquaintance on FB is making me pretty peeved. She doesn't seem to understand that breeding bettas isn't something she should jump into before she even understands how to care for these fish properly. She's been keeping bettas for a couple of months now, and has been keeping them in unheated, small tanks, and has been attempting to breed them in 4 gallon tanks. It doesn't seem as though she has a plan for what to do with the fry if she is successful in breeding any of her pairs, and whenever I make a happy post about my fish, she keeps offering me her females to breed with them, even though I have stated on a number of occasions that I don't have the space or money to deal with an adventure in breeding. I attempted to direct her to this site a few times, but everything I say seems to fall on deaf ears. It's frustrating, but there's no getting through to some people. Part of it is probably because she is older than me and is a veterinary student working at a LFS, and therefore obviously knows better.

Blah! Anyway, it's just nice to come on here after FB frustrations, to see people doing what is best for their fish. Restores faith in humanity somewhat, haha.
Sparrowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:48 AM   #60190 
Hadoken Kitty

I am!!! I just want to have a nice talk with him about building nests faster. He does build some REALLY NICE nests...he just takes foreverrrrr!

Omg. I would be so P.O.d. I would be questioning her on everything. Just asking her how much sense does it make for a tropical fish to be in cold water. Common sense failure number one. Then I would go on. I just....blah people annoy me sometimes. I even pointed out to my best friend's girlfriend that goldfish can't be kept in a 15 gallon tank. Turns out it was my best friend's fault, and she was delighted that I was on her side about getting a 30 gallon. +1 for humanity! Wooo!

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese