Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-01-2013, 12:54 AM   #60191 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Lol. I do not like it when people keep their bettas in un heated bowls. Biggest pet peeve.
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:07 AM   #60192 
Hadoken Kitty

Omg Matt I KNOW. Drives me nuts. This couple that I met at a pet store not long ago was really awesome. They straight up asked me "Do bettas need heaters? His water was cold and he didn't seem happy." Omg I was so happy. It was their first betta and they already had a clue. I wanted to give them a standing ovation. Totally deserved it. Not many people get it that quickly. xD
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:16 AM   #60193 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

^ That. That is what restores my faith in humanity. I must seem so aquabid when I bud into the conversation between the customer and the employee to tell them they need a heater and that they can't live in a bowl.
Old 04-01-2013, 01:25 AM   #60194 
Hadoken Kitty

So aquabid? Hahaha. Typo? xD

I've bursted into the convo to let a person know that buying a betta food with color enhancers (flakes, too!) isn't needed, unlike what the pet store employee was telling them. I even pointed them over to OO...but they walked out without food. They said they had food at home. Oh well, haha.
Old 04-01-2013, 01:29 AM   #60195 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Awkward! So sad that that word is used frequently enough to be first on autocorrect. I am seriously thinking about starting a "lets bash autocorrect for all the things it has done to us" thread. Do not even get me started.
Old 04-01-2013, 01:36 AM   #60196 
Hadoken Kitty

LOL. Yes!!! Please do. Autocorrect has gotten me into trouble before. I tried telling my boyfriend that I love him through text...after I'd been drinking (shame on me!!)....and I ended up sending something about cats. I don't even know. No one should be allowed to have a phone when drinking.
Old 04-01-2013, 01:38 AM   #60197 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

I kind of was asked to leave MyPet in West Edmonton Mall after I tried to help a customer...
They asked me if I worked there and I told them no, I asked what they needed help with though and they said they were buying a betta I was like oh I know 30 times more then anyone in this store so maybe I can help you, being a hm breeder and owning 10 of my own fish. They showed me the betta they wanted which happened to be this gorgeous multi coloured ct male who I was going to ask my dad for.
I started explaining that he was a tropical fish and needed a heater also he would do well in a 5 gallon. They just turned and walked to an employee and asked him he of course said no he doesn't need a heater! Do a after change every two weeks to keep the water clear and him healthy. I however said no that I not true you need more equipment than that they employee said you don't work here so please stop helping customers, I said I will not see this betta go to a home he is destined to die in. Bettas need more elaborate are then what most people think and I would know because I have experience, the lady ignored me so I pointed out the Wardley colour enhancing pellets were a bad choice when they sold Omega 1 which would be a better choice. The guy told me to lay off and leave the lady then kindly said she was naming the fish Jeromy which was the employees name.
She left with a bowl, silk plant, crappy food, and a gorgeous betta, no water conditioner.
I don't usually talk to other people in the stores now although this one employee at Pet Smart makes a point of bringing customers to me to help lol
BeautifulBetta123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:38 AM   #60198 
Sakura8

I've almost gotten into fights with store employees who try to correct me. -___-

This one lady at Petco was adamant that they didn't need heaters. In the end, the customer just walked away and the employee gave me the death stare.

EDIT:

The same thing happened to me, Laki. URGH. I wanted to scream, "Just because they work at a petstore doesn't mean they know pets!" I did find that if I say I breed bettas, people listen to me more readily. Even though it's sort of a lie.

EDIT II: I'm not even Catholic and yet I love this new pope.

Last edited by Sakura8; 04-01-2013 at 01:42 AM.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:46 AM   #60199 
Hadoken Kitty

I would be so pissed. People are just so.....I can't say it kindly: STUPID.

I have a good rep with the fish people at my fave PetSmart. I don't know what to think of the dude who runs the PetCo closest to my house. He seems like the kind of guy who would kick me out, but no issues thus far. Only one trip in and a 20 min talk with another customer who wanted a betta (got them to buy a ton of awesome stuff for their betta including NLS, a heater, and a whole new tank set!!!). Told them I'd give them one of my bettas if this becomes a successful spawn. I wasn't kicked out then...so here's to that! I don't know how to act at my fave LPS, though. I grew up in there....but their betta info isn't that great. They take great care of their bettas before they're sold, but they told me that a .5 gal was fine for a betta permanently (I may have said that I didn't have the funds or something...I don't remember).
Old 04-01-2013, 04:56 AM   #60200 
Tikibirds

I had a petco employee tell me the reason my bettas we not breeding was because I needed to have 3 or 4 females in the same tank with the male as he needed to choose his mate. She told me she was correct because she was a breeder...The female ripped all the fins off the male..i really dont think putting 2 more in there would of been a good idea.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese