Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-01-2013, 12:44 PM   #60211 
Tikibirds

I got so mad at the filter for grinding a few days ago that I unplugged the damn thing. The tank is like RIGHT next to my bed. I hated that filter anyways.

Last edited by Tikibirds; 04-01-2013 at 12:57 PM.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:42 PM   #60212 
xjenuhfur

I am soooooo sleepy. Tis class is so boring and it's not helping any. T.T
xjenuhfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 03:45 PM   #60213 
Laki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
Laki, oh yes, I did. 3 tacos and nachos. -___- I think I feel sick now.

Hmm. If you look at it this way, it's not so bad. Being a teacher is a little different than socializing because you're the one in charge. It might not be as stressful as socializing because you, in a sense, will dictate what is said and done. Whereas in socializing, anything goes. I don't know. But I think you'd be a great teacher if that is what you truly want to be.
heh, I keep telling myself this exact thing!! I need to stop getting anxiety about attending ToastMaster's and actually do it. I'm not shy as a person, I get nervous with public speaking and people looking at me. My mind blanks. TM at my school is only 6$ a month lol I don't know what my problem is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken Kitty View Post

Running on two hours of sleep. Oh my goodness. Not enough coffee in the world. I bought a homeless guy coffee this morning!!! He didn't know it, though. I snuck up to the counter at my gas station and said I wanted to buy the homeless dude's coffee. Then I left. It was like 30*F outside. Too cold!!!
World needs more people like this. I don't trust the workers at Tim Hortons to do this until they are listed as publicly doing it (there's currently a movement to get them to do it) but smaller cafes I'm sure do it here. I just don't even have enough for myself half the time. 2 years ago when I earned small tips at the cafe in my summer job, I would donate them usually (or save them and every 2 days buy a 6 pack ) but yea a day's tips might only be about 17$ so I would distribute it on my way home to various panhandlers lol

I got 84% on my sociology exam. Which I think is hilarious bc the class is filled with first years who get nervous about it. I'm after telling a few classmates not to get so worked up about them bc the prof is VERY accommodating (like, it feels like I'm in high school). Taking this course as elective before I graduate has been my best university decision
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 03:52 PM   #60214 
djembekah

So tired. sinuses. today is gonna drag on forever. oh well.
Posted via Mobile Device
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 04:10 PM   #60215 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Welp, gonna be another bad year for crops, seems like. :/
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:19 PM   #60216 
Laki

Why do you say that?
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:30 PM   #60217 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Average soil temperatures in the East are quite below average, which means later planting, slower growth, and less time to harvest crops. o___O
Drought last year, now this, mother nature is not giving us a break over here. . . Oh and apparently there's chances that there might be another drought this year, spreading more west than it did last year.
How depressing is that.. -sigh-
Old 04-01-2013, 05:50 PM   #60218 
LittleBettaFish

We had a massive decade or so long drought in the state that used to be known as the 'Garden State' of Australia. It's only recently sort of broken but we still don't seem as wet as we used to be.

I hate drought. It's just so devastating, particularly when it does roll on for years.

I feel sorry for farmers. It always seems like they get the worst of it.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:05 PM   #60219 
djembekah

Oh wow. Hope our planting goes okay in Washington state. our little seedlings are already getting so tall. i will have to research it.
Posted via Mobile Device
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:38 PM   #60220 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Well, their careers are totally at the mercy of nature.
Corn is one of the big things here, and corn was hit the hardest last year, and it will be this year. Dairy is also big, last year there was a huge charity set up to truck donated hay from the West to the East, which probably saved a lot of farmer's their jobs..
With the gradual drop in large scale farming, there has been a huge climb in micro farming, however, which is much more hopeful.
Posted via Mobile Device

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese