Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-03-2013, 05:57 PM   #60311 
djembekah

There is like 0 flow from my filter where i used to see decent movement. idk what could have happened but its been not good at all.

Izzy did however give me some interesting info in my rabbit snail log, if you guys are interested click my link in my sig.
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:00 PM   #60312 
LittleBettaFish

Have you taken your filter apart and prodded around in the impeller section?

My goldfish tank is always having filters stop working because of the amount of debris that ends up clogging up the sponge and getting into the impeller.

Once I give everything a good swish around in old tank water they go back to functioning normally.

When was the last time you cleaned your filter out?
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:05 PM   #60313 
Sakura8

I agree with LBF. Rinse it and clean the impeller. I got one of those little foxtail brushes that bend so I can clean the impeller in my Aquaclears.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:19 PM   #60314 
Crowntails

I got $113 all saved up for a betta tank. Yay birthday money!
Crowntails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:28 PM   #60315 
djembekah

I can't even open what i think is housing the impeller. I've got a whisper 40i. actually i was told there's a little powerhead inside the big ones. i don't want to deal with it anymore. i will add a sponge filter, leave the internal for a month or two, and then throw the internal against a wall.
Oh i rinsed it last week. A lot.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-03-2013, 07:48 PM   #60316 
Sakura8

My mother did it again. Forgot to give me my Easter candy on Easter. She does this. Stashes gifts away and forgets to give them. One time she found and gave me a Christmas present in August, while cleaning cupboards. Another time, my dad hid a gift for my mom up in the loft of our storage shed and forgot. He found it in May when he was taking down the inner tubes for the pool.

I am thinking about getting a 20i to replace the Marineland Duetto in my 20gal. I need something with more mechanical filtration because the Duetto gets clogged every week. Seriously, it's gross what I pull out and off that thing. Does anyone else have a problem with their planted tank leaving gross things in the filter?
Old 04-03-2013, 07:55 PM   #60317 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Yes. Every time. Twice a week for the prefilter sponge....
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:55 PM   #60318 
djembekah

I kind of think that's what's wrong with my internal filter. and there's that dumb thing on the bottom where the impeller/powerhead thing is which i can't get open.

Bought a sponge filter. i like air driven filters better. the 3i filters are air driven. i love them, easy to clean.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-03-2013, 07:57 PM   #60319 
LittleBettaFish

I have sponge filters in all my tanks. Only thing is some of my fish are small enough to fit through the gaps and get into the actual filter. Then when I take it out for maintenance, out pops this fish and it's a scramble to get it back in the tank.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:31 PM   #60320 
Sakura8

I like the mechanical filtration of power filters though. Otherwise I would probably have more sponge filters.

Okay, so clay pot plant (aka lindernia rotundafolia) is not good with active fish. They keep breaking it.

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese