Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-05-2013, 07:24 PM   #60441 
Sakura8

Fishy, angels ARE cichlids. :D Don't get tiger barbs. They nip at anything (especially flowing angel fins) unless they are in a school of like a bazillion. I'd go with the platies or swordtails. Barbs in general tend to be nippy except for possibly cherry barbs.

Matt, did you see the worms move? Only very few external parasites are visible by the naked eye and at least one of them bettas are too small to get (fish lice). That leaves velvet, ich, and anchor worms. My guess is anchor worms. Increase heat and maybe also add another tsp of salt. Some gill flukes can get large enough to be seen but in a fish the size of a betta, by then the betta has already succumbed. :/

Got two of my boys cupped in methylene blue because I don't know what else to do for them. One spends all day sitting in his plant and the other laid all day on the gravel like a rug. Other than that, fine. They eat and everything.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:28 PM   #60442 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Yup. Like little tiny transleuscent mobile hairs. This girl was on the bottom of the sorority dominance ladder and was picked on quite a bit, but not to the point where I felt I had to yank her. Salt definatly seems to be helping. She does not seem affected by them but I can't let it progress. The reason I asked here is because I can not find anything that sounds similar anywhere...

Last edited by MattsBettas; 04-05-2013 at 07:32 PM.
MattsBettas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:31 PM   #60443 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Yikes, what a headache. -_- Trying to map out the planting scheme for this year... Busy this weekend. :-/
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:32 PM   #60444 
FishyFishy89

Well, I suppose I can get 2 or 3 south american chiclids.
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:34 PM   #60445 
LittleBettaFish

Le sigh one of my juveniles has had the back half of its body turn really dark. So far it has been swimming around normally and eating but I am thinking it is going to keel over soon. Only other reason I can see is I think I half sucked one of them up the siphon the other day so it could be some sort of bruising under the skin.

I wish there were fish vets you could just rush your fish off to and get a scraping/test done. Would make diagnosing things a lot easier.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:41 PM   #60446 
FishyFishy89

y'all need this siphon.
Aquarium Siphon Gravel Cleaner Fish Safe Tank Vacuum Water Change | eBay

I always shoo my fishys away from the siphon with the net. They're very spooked of the net xD
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:43 PM   #60447 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

I want that siphon lol. I use airline tubing and a chopstick, slow but safe and easily maneuverable. And cheap.
MattsBettas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:51 PM   #60448 
djembekah

i don't have lemon tetras, i was just saying that's what i'd put with my angelfish if i had a tank like that :P

i dont know that i'd put more cichlids in that tankt either, but i'm no cichlid expert.
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:52 PM   #60449 
blu the betta

should i do a cichlid tank?
blu the betta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:54 PM   #60450 
LittleBettaFish

I am always fishing my fish out of buckets when I'm cleaning my tanks. I usually have to dedicate around two hours every second day to tank cleaning so I try and get it done as quickly as I can. This usually means whoever doesn't get out the way gets sucked up and sent down the tube.

I would think they would learn but it seems to be the same fish that do it again and again.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese