Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-06-2013, 11:36 PM   #60551 
Sakura8

T . . . pink African cichlid. Uh . . . gonna have to research that one. Could be anything.

Cleaned the pond/horse trough today. Took everyone out and drained the water and got all the gunk out. Measured everyone too. Koichiro is about 9-10 inches, Tanko the greedy pig is 11-12" and the poor comet goldfish is only 7-8". I'm thinking I may need to rehome Saiyo because she isn't big enough to compete for food so she's too small.

I'm not sure what my male flagfish is doing. He's hovering over the driftwood and chases everyone away but I've looked, there aren't any eggs. He's acting like there are though.

EDIT: Thomasdog, YAY! Is it the whole API Master kit? Way better way to go than buying each piece one by one, like me. -___-
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:27 AM   #60552 
GoodMorning

eww, DQ ur gross!

HK, eww that fish is ugly! get a ranchu instead!

sakura, u measured everyone but i wonder how tall u r :P

Tiger Barbs are fun to watch :)
GoodMorning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:28 AM   #60553 
djembekah

Thanks blu!

I'm cold.
Posted via Mobile Device
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:32 AM   #60554 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Could it be tilapia? Just throwing that out there lol.
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:39 AM   #60555 
Sakura8

There are some tilapia but I can't think of one that is pink. In fact, there are very few fish that are pink. Pink convicts and pink kissing gourami come to mind but convicts are South American and gourami are . . . uh, not cichlids.

Good Morning, haha. I'm short. Too short.

Fishy, a few other tetra ideas. You could do emperor tetras. They get quite big and very pretty.

Also, not colorful but interesting are blind cave tetras. And rummynoses may work, at least for now. When your angels are full-grown, maybe not but right now they would work being a max 2" or so.

EDIT: Some parrot cichlids are dyed to look pink. :/

Last edited by Sakura8; 04-07-2013 at 12:41 AM.
Old 04-07-2013, 12:48 AM   #60556 
Laki

Oh thanks guys!! I can just ask her again what it was called but I don't want her to know that I creeped on her fish after she left my house.. Which I totally did. I think it might have been tilapia but she said it was pink. So then I was thinking giant pink gourami .. The cichlid part was my thinking, she said it came from Africa. It might not be a cichlid.

It's 3:16am.. I have the world's largest bags under my eyes, I swear. I am on page 8 of my paper. I think I'm going to have to go to bed, my body hurts all over and pills didn't work. On one of my hypochondriac google searches earlier I found that my chronic pain might be somatoform pain disorder which means there is no physical symptoms (via medical tests) and that anti-depressents and psychotherapy are the cure. I'm so poor I guess I'll have to grin and bear this.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:53 AM   #60557 
Sakura8

Aww, *hugs* Laki. Also, the final stretches of school can be physically painful. Maybe once the stress if over, you'll feel better?

Could be a giant pink gourami, if it had the long feelers like gourami. Those things get freakin' huge. O.O
Old 04-07-2013, 01:05 AM   #60558 
djembekah

I really want kissing gourami. like they're so pretty. i need a better job and a big house. and hopefully a future spouse who'll put up with my madness.
Posted via Mobile Device
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:07 AM   #60559 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Sakura it's ok, I'm short to. We may not be the best at basketball but we have the brains! XD (Not that tall people aren't smart. Lol)

Good night everybody! Hopefully I will wake up to eggs in the nest, but with my luck...
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:20 AM   #60560 
Yuuie

it's in the online game i play. any guild that wants to join signs up but only about 8 guilds get picked. then they do the first two rounds on saturday night then the last two rounds on sunday night. then the guild who are in get points by capturing flags and defeating each other with about a half a hour. who ever has the most points win's the match. the one who makes it to the end is victor for the week. hopefully i explained it well.
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese