Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-09-2013, 07:47 AM   #60681 
Sakura8

I obviously missed an interesting conversation earlier, haha. Gonna have to go back and read up.

Yuuie, take a nice long nap in the afternoon if you can. :)

I hate the happy dreams where I have a loving boyfriend. Rather, I should say I hate waking up from those dreams.

Put my Fluval Spec V on Craigslist. It's newly planted with glosso and lindernia rotundifolia on Fuval substratum and its very presence is depressing the heck out of me. It taunts me, reminding me I suck at planted tanks and I've wasted so much money on them.

EDIT: I hate sleeping that much. Stupid depression/sleep disorder.

EDIT two: when you make food, it is a good idea to eat it while it is hot instead of messing around on the Internet!
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:14 AM   #60682 
FishyFishy89

Awh, plants are so easy. Have you tried out using potting soil and capping that with sand? I'll be doing that later when I get more plants. Right now I cant do without plants. I lurve em too much. But not enough plants.
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:28 AM   #60683 
Laki

I wish I had more plants too. On the plus, I cleaned the betta tank last night (long overdue) and vacuumed out the gravel and stuff and last night AND today I saw a little RCS walking around. I found their 2 best hiding spots (one is in the deep recesses of the driftwood and two is under the dw where it settle on the gravel) I know for a fact there's one doing great in there. But I can never see the 2 I put in there at the same time so idk

I hate realistic dreams. I couldn't sleep last night bc I had the gross, paralyzing feeling that I need a job THIS week if I'm to pay my rent for May (I can't let Matt pay it again) and so while I drifted in and out of worrysome sleep I came to the realisation that I can go back to the awful food court place I worked last summer JUST until I clear my resume with the development center at school who will try to get me that YMCA job. Then I dreamt, very realistically that by some miracle, the little food joint actually didn't need workers.

TL;DR, Woke up from a horrible crippling dream about money and am now in the clear bc 2 of my friends from there will get me my job back.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:30 AM   #60684 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Mah babies are hatchin.
MattsBettas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:03 AM   #60685 
Sakura8

Hurray, Matt!

I love plants too. It's getting them to grow that I have trouble with. I still have my 20gal that was supposed to be planted but everything got algae and I trimmed it back and now it's bare and empty and nothing will grow and I wonder how many more and's I can put in this sentence and does anyone know the record for the longest runon sentence?

Laki, I'm so glad you can get your food court job back. Just keep telling yourself it's for the rent, it's only temporary, I'm an educated woman and I won't have to do this for the rest of my life.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:19 AM   #60686 
Laki

Ha thanks :) It's just a little demoralizing, I hate people I know seeing me there. ESPECIALLY my high school history teacher. I need to suck it up. I need to pay rent and um.. put 10$ away for this new betta. lol

I asked Matt last night if, for my graduation present, could I get another betta. He said if I can split the tank I have now bc there's no where else to put tanks! I told him the 5g is too small to go 3 ways. I'm goig to get my 3g back off my mom and put it in the kitchen.

**** A 10-25 watt heater won't blow a fuse in an outlet with a dishwasher, will it?
Old 04-09-2013, 09:25 AM   #60687 
Sakura8

Life has so many ways of being demoralizing, doesn't it. But a new betta will make it all better. :D

No, the heater should be okay. The only way we blow fuses in the kitchen is when my mom has her space heater going, the microwave is on, and I turn on the electric teakettle. Plus there are some other lights connected to the same power source.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:00 AM   #60688 
Laki

Really? So I can totally put a tank in the kitchen window?!? Wow, Matt is going to hate me. lol
Old 04-09-2013, 10:16 AM   #60689 
FishyFishy89

If you want algae....sure. Mine is outside the kitchen window, but not on the window sil.
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:20 AM   #60690 
Laki

Oh I had tanks in the window for over a year, only took it out when we got the dishwasher. Trust me, out little basement apartment window looks out on to a parking lot, no light shines through. We barely get sunshine through our bathroom window on the opposite side of the apt.. It's so sad and depressing to have the lights on during the day. AND we don't keep blinds/curtains in the windows bc what's the point.

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese