Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-09-2013, 10:25 AM   #60691 
Sakura8

Laki, it sounds like it'll work. I mean, all you can really do is try it and see if anything shorts out but a dinky heater really shouldn't have that much electrical impact.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:40 AM   #60692 
FishyFishy89

I agree. If you don't get a whole lotta sun, the window sil may work out. I have Spike's tank hooked up in the kitchen and haven't had a single problem. Cept the boys removing the wrong plugs -.- BUT a small red ribbon tied to the heater/filter plugs keeps them from unplugging them.
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:41 AM   #60693 
Sakura8

I should color code my cords. I am always unplugging the paper shredder instead of the heater and then wondering why the plastic plants smell like they are burning. o.O

EDIT: Okay, going to do water changes (supposed to be done yesterday but oops) and then rearrange that 20gal. If I can't keep plants in it, I'm going to have to get rid of it because it's overstocked. I got 40ppm nitrates even when it was heavily planted.

And I had no idea I had such herbivorous fish. Put a pot of dwarf clover in with the intent to plant it during water changes. Somefish stripped it clean. Not sure if it was the SAE, the flagfish, or the lone swordtail girl.

Last edited by Sakura8; 04-09-2013 at 10:43 AM.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:48 AM   #60694 
Laki

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Thanks for the encouragement! I took it as such, which means all I need to do is try to convince Matt it's no big deal. Oh, I just remembered, while I was trying to cure my mom's fish I had him hooked up to the same plug the dishwasher is!! (I did it then as a sort of test too, Matt has such a soft spot for sick animals)

Is it just me, or do a lot of people find water changes therapeutic?
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:08 AM   #60695 
FishyFishy89

I lurve doing water changes....just not when it's cold outside. My tanks are nice n toasty, but the water makes me ice cold when done fishing around in there xD
Old 04-09-2013, 11:41 AM   #60696 
ThePearlFish

I am trying to get out of going to my tutoring classes today and I need an excuse :P. I already have "I ended up having to make an appt. for my cat at the vets today" (which I did, but it is later and I need something for in between then) because I didn't do the worksheet that he gave me to do and I want to try to finish it before we meet in a couple days.

Any suggestions? :P
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:57 AM   #60697 
FishyFishy89

I'm not really sure, Pearl. I've never been one for lying.

Which should I do? No Background, Blue side or keep the black side? I don't think I'm liking the blue side....

Old 04-09-2013, 12:35 PM   #60698 
ThePearlFish

Eh, it's just getting out of math no big deal :P

I am about to leave for the tutoring session anyways, I completed 7/20 problems. Yes, I know I did so much :P
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:58 PM   #60699 
Sakura8

Fishy, I say the black side. It'll showcase their colors and give them more confidence because they'll feel safer.

Good luck, Pearl!
Old 04-09-2013, 01:02 PM   #60700 
FishyFishy89

Yeah...plus they've been with the black side. I don't think they're too happy with the blue side right now

Speaking of those devilish angels....i finished the shading. Now contemplating painting a background.

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese