Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-09-2013, 02:55 PM   #60711 
Laki

So I'm glad I went to the mall and sat down with an old coworker from the food court. I'm glad she got some sense in my head about getting my job there again lol

Going to go tomorrow to the grocery store just so I can have an income and pay rent and then I'l get my call center job.. Maybe I'll do both tomorrow.

So, mantis shrimp are pretty kickass.

And, fishy I love your art!! Prefer the black background though :)
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:06 PM   #60712 
FishyFishy89

Thankies Laki

Yeah, the babies perfer the black side too xD
They were just drifting around with the blue side on, now they're back to their normal selfs with the black side on.
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:11 PM   #60713 
Sakura8

Laki, yeah, mantis shrimp are also called thumbsplitters. They have been known to do some serious damage if they lash out. Also, never keep them in glass tanks. They can literally shatter the glass if they hit it.

*glares at fish* Oh sure, so when a leaf is growing all nice on a stem, you eat it. But if it's floating around cluttering up the tank, you spit it out. Dumb fish.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:09 PM   #60714 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Got home and all babies are in the nest and not many eggs are left! Cutest things ever. Spawn log soon.
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:19 PM   #60715 
Sakura8

Awesome, Matt.

Going to get a Finnex compact canister filter to add on to my 20gal, to take care of the mechanical filtration. Take the Duetto out since it's not doing much.

Talked to my vet clinic and they said that while they were willing to try, they don't recommend neutering something as small as a mouse because it's hard to keep them stable under anaesthesia and they don't recommend spaying a rat because spaying takes longer and the rat would have to be under anaesthesia longer. So Timmy's just going to have to be a stinky ugly butt and I'm praying my girls don't get mammary tumors.
Old 04-09-2013, 04:20 PM   #60716 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Stinky ugly butt!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:24 PM   #60717 
Laki

WOOP Matts!!! How exciting!

Sakura, I watched a video of one killing a crab :< I don't know why I watched the whole thing since it made me sad. They're cool looking though! I found out about them from the Oatmeal.

I know you can neuter male rats, but mice seem a bit more risky. Just have to clean his bars more often, male mice STINK. They spread that grease stuff on everything! He makes up for it by being so cute!
Old 04-09-2013, 04:28 PM   #60718 
Sakura8

Haha, something I subscribe to on FB posted "Mantis shrimp are the harbingers of blood-colored rainbows."

Ooh, yes, he's a stinky guy all right. But if I remember to clean his wheel. Didn't realize he pooed while he ran so it was all caked on there. Nice, Timmy, real nice.

Okay, off to the bank to make a deposit. If you don't hear from me, assume I was mugged.
Old 04-09-2013, 04:36 PM   #60719 
Laki

MEG!!! Don't talk like that! The world is a scary place without you bringing up muggings.

Eww Timmy. Gross boy.

That post came from the Oatmeal's new cartoon on mantis shrimp! lol hahahah
Old 04-09-2013, 04:59 PM   #60720 
Sakura8

I made it back. O.O The bank is like 10 minutes away walking but I still get so nervous. Is it weird that I feel perfectly safe walking in New York City but here in a little cow town I get panic attacks?

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese