Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-11-2013, 04:03 PM   #60821 
FishyFishy89

Very pretty HUGE shrimp. I'd definitely not mess with him like that.
Can a Huge Mantis shrimp crack a glass aquarium - YouTube
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:08 PM   #60822 
FishyFishy89

This is way better. Open up so I can eat you!!!
Mantis Shrimp Destroys Clam - YouTube
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:31 PM   #60823 
Yuuie

yay back from work was a painfully slow day. when the boss was looking at the hourly i actually said nooooo when i saw him bring it up is was that bad but oh well guess i'm out the door again my middle nephew just called and needs a ride from school since his drivers ed class is done for the day
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:01 PM   #60824 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

I want to see who wooooooooooon. We're almost halfway through April.fry are free swimming now, and ares is out! Yay!
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:03 PM   #60825 
Yuuie

yay swimming fry
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:12 PM   #60826 
djembekah

Post in the "discuss with moderators" board Matt?

Olympia, do you know if castille soap is good for oily skin? It sounds like magic.
Posted via Mobile Device
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:28 PM   #60827 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

I have really greasy skin. Really. I bought a $16 face scrub from Lush that was for extra greasy skin, a few hours later I'd be oily again. This pretty much gets me through the day with very little problem. I stopped using cover ups too since it also reduced my redness, and I would guess that is helping too.
If you buy the liquid kind, you really only need about 10 drops of it to clean your face.
Here is a blog post by Dr Bronner's granddaughter. Comments on it all seem good too:
I Wash my Face with Castile Soap
There are other brands of it availible too, just this one is the easiest to find.

I didn't believe it till I tried it (I'm not even a week in but I'm seeing good stuff xD). Some of my other face washes advertised being "oil free." Castile soap is based off olive oil, coconut oil, basically nothing but plant oils. So it seems really backwards. O.o

Yea, our health coverage died so I couldn't get my $100 cream and discovered it. O.o
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:33 PM   #60828 
dramaqueen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkeg View Post
hi everyone, just something to chew on here. I have a hang over the top filter, it started grinding, louder and louder. I thought it might be sand in the impeller, I have sand substrate. Well, a little but I was more shocked to see it was thread from my artificial plants. I have slowly been going with live plants, but this has definitely shown me I need to get all the artificial ones out.
My red parrot cichlids like to hide in them, so I am leaving a couple I have not seen shredding. Anyway just wanted to throw that out there
Hello and welcome to the forum.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:53 PM   #60829 
Laki

Hello Sharkeg!! I wouldn't rule out live plants altogether just because of one string. Just move that plants with the thread somewhere else. Or wrap a pantyhose around the intake and do more vacuuming for particles.

So mantis shrimp are pretty intense. They're so pretty! Apparantly they have like 16 color sensing nerves in their optic setup (as opposed to our three). I don't even know how scientists know that o-O
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:43 PM   #60830 
Sakura8

Castile soap is the magic soap all right.

I got my compact canister filter for my 20gal but now I have to wait until next week's water change to move the tank out a little. May just stick the canister on the 29 and get a Tetra 20i for the 20g.

And I think I might put halfbeaks in the 29 since I got rid of the congos. Olympia, have yours bred yet?
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese