Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-11-2013, 06:45 PM   #60831 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Nope no luck with them! :( They are fat and happy.
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:46 PM   #60832 
Sakura8

Can you tell them apart by the gonopodium like other livebearers?
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:49 PM   #60833 
Hadoken Kitty

OMG I'm sorry that this is random, but I literally signed on just to tell you guys this. My snails escaped from my tank, and my grandma found it on the floor with a broken/chipped shell (in the front part only). I don't know if it's alive or not. It made it from behind my tank to all the way in the middle of my room!!! I hope tater tot pulls through. I'll be super sad if she doesn't. </3
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:50 PM   #60834 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

They say you can but the structure is different and I can't tell.
The wrestling half beaks I have, the males have orange on their dorsal fins though, that's how I tell. :p
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:50 PM   #60835 
Sakura8

Wow, Hadoken!

Put some calcium or crushed coral in the tank so the shell can heal/repair. Do you see a trap door still? If so, it's probably still alive.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:51 PM   #60836 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Snails are pretty resilient... Hoping for the best.
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:53 PM   #60837 
Hadoken Kitty

Yes I see a trap door, and I didn't smell any sour/strong odor either. So I threw her back in the tank in a panic. Some of the girls are trying to figure out why she isn't moving. One of them nudged her, and when she didn't respond, wrapped herself around her shell like she was giving tot a hug. I don't have either. Do you think it can wait a day for me to get it tomorrow? We're running errands later tonight so I might be able to get some...I don't know where to get any calcium or crushed coral, though!

And thank you, Matts! Congrats on your fry!!! I've been busy so I haven't gotten my girl's conditioning tank even set up yet.
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:56 PM   #60838 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Yes it can wait a day. It's more for rebuilding the shell.
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:01 PM   #60839 
Laki

Hope your tot makes it HK!!

Oliver cries : he had a can of wet food, I played with him, I pet him, I'm talking to him. What does this cat want?!?! (*shakes cat*)
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:03 PM   #60840 
thekinetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy89 View Post
o.O
Most times it is the place. Sometimes the person maybe getting threatened by people he knows. If he is, then he should report them to the authorities. But sadly, the authorities can and will only do so much. So it's best to have your own protection incase of the event that something happens.

As a wise man once said, I'd rather go to my grave never needing to use my gun rather than wishing I had.
Very true fishy but I'm not being threatened it's just this whole world is a dangerous place for anyone but being gay can be paticularly hazardous if the wrong people know.

That saying is right in line with my way of thinking, when seconds count the police are minutes away. And until there is no need of police or the military I shall keep my guns handy.

Olympia the US really isn't that bad, the media makes it out to be horrible. It really doesn't matter where I was in the world I will always feel better knowing I have something to defend myself with and not hope the police could save me. I go for walks often and sometimes at night and for my protection I want to carry but also if happen upon someone being assailed I would like also to be able to do something beyond just calling for help.
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese