Olympia
TFK Moderator

http://www.amazon.ca/registry/wishli...visitor-view=1

You know you wanna buy me stuff guys.

Haha jokes jokes.
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:25 PM   #61042 
Laki

Ha I would if I could. I supported a forum member once upon a time. She drew me a Microsoft paint pic of my bunnies and I paid her. I felt ridiculous at the time but I got a gorgeous painting out of it.

Also, I read that as "you know you want to buy MY stuff" and I thought it was your stuff you're selling. Not that I have any money.

I think when I get a job I'll invest in some sturdy portable greehouses for outside my door. The sun isn't there for very long but nothing grows inside. Bunny loves fresh herbs. And last falll when I tossed out my parsley in frustration it began growing in the backyard, hoping to overturn the little pot and refresh it with more seeds and get a good mini-crop.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:29 PM   #61043 
GoodMorning

ew mister.olympia, books are boring!
GoodMorning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:29 PM   #61044 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Maybe if I get more confidence I will start selling stuff. I just can't decide what to try first.. Soy candles or soap? Probably soap.
Old 04-14-2013, 01:36 PM   #61045 
Laki

Both. That type of thing is really popular to people looking for healthier alternatives and those who love supporting cottage industry!! I love cottage industries, everything handmade with love. The price is the only thing stopping me now. I think you should make soap but candles are popular too!
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:44 PM   #61046 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Yea, the soy candles are vegan safe so that's a good market. :p
There are a few soap makers around but it's worth a shot. Haven't seen any candle makers.

I can't start with both because the start up costs are sooo high for these things. Books, plants, oils, wax, lye, it just goes on and on!

I'm gonna try and make spruce tip jelly once there are spruce tips on the trees. Test out this whole wild foods concept.
Old 04-14-2013, 01:56 PM   #61047 
Yuuie

morning all. ended up getting a call from work dismorning about our kvs too. i think it's funny how they call me when they are having issues and i don't start until four today. but from what it sounds like a cable came undone. and olympia my sister is enjoying soap making she got a nice little stash going on atm. she also is trying lip balms and wants to do lotions and stuff. she is going to try and make soap from scratch too but i think she is still missing a few things for that but so far she just gets those kits they have at Micheal and goes from there. she also for a few sites where she can order a bunch of stuff too.
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:59 PM   #61048 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Yea I wanna sell eventually so I don't really feel like I should be using kits. Get some recipes and experiment on my own.

Ugh watching TED talks on obesity in America.
We just got netflix. I'm just gonna exhaust the documentaries cause they have some amazing stuff. TED talks I recommend to everyone, they are amazing and you learn so much about everything. They are designed for smart people with power but they are easy to understand.

I want to cry. Showed a clip of Jamie Oliver holding up vegetables to six year old kids and what they said it was.
Tomato: "potato?"
Cauliflower: "dunno" "broccoli"
Beet: "celery." "onion."
Eggplant: "pear."
Potato: "I don't know!"
Saddest thing I've ever seen. :( He spent an hour teaching kids vegetables after that.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by Olympia; 04-14-2013 at 02:06 PM.
Old 04-14-2013, 02:08 PM   #61049 
Yuuie

i don't know if she is gonna try and sell anything but for making them from sratch she need lye i think and she is having such a hard time finding it. but she mostly orders the soap base from sites now that she knows where she can get it.
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 02:11 PM   #61050 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

You can find lye on amazon. $35 for a kg, which will last a really long time. But then you need thick gloves and safety googles too!
You can also get it at hardware stores. Just drain cleaner. Google what brands to use cause some say 100% lye but they aren't.
Posted via Mobile Device

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese