Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-16-2013, 04:11 PM   #61231 
Sakura8

Dr. Laki, I will look at the ingredients. :D I'm not sure, it's like brown rice and chicken recipe I think? I know Petco carries a grain-free food so I can look at that too. As long as it's reasonably priced.

Yeah, our vet thought Peggy was itchy and that's why she was licking and "chucking" at herself but I'm just not sure. I think part of it is she's so neurotic and Risdee likes to tease her. She's a pyscho cat.

Delilah just ran off with a whole jar of fish food and then stole the kleenex I used to wipe up her wee. o.O
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:58 PM   #61232 
Laki

As long as meat and meat by-products make up the first few ingredients and contains a high protein meat you should be good by supplementing with wet food. We were feeding Holistic Blend to Oliver at first and he was fine but when we switched to Chicken Soup he ended up eating less and pooping less (tmi, tmi) and his waste doesn't smell either. I was worried at first but the internet says its good to have less waste that is dry bc the cat is metabolising more of the ingredients. CSfrCLS (chicken soup for th cat lover's soul) is 30$ for a 7kg bag so it's cheap.

My mom feeds her cat whatever is the cheapest and believes wet food should only be a treat so her cat is grotesquely overweight, unstimulated and losing hair on her belly.

You gotta do what's right for your budget and your handful of cats though lol So many cats! Ris is SO cute, I'll take him off your hands if he's bothering you ;)

Did you get the betta food back from your goofball rat?
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:14 PM   #61233 
FishyFishy89

Finished DD's corner. I hope he likes it/will use it. The rummys sure like it ;)
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:44 PM   #61234 
Sakura8

Laki, haha, I did finally get the jar back. She chewed the label off and was having a good go at chewing the lid off too.

Doesn't less poo mean their bodies are able to use up more of the nutrients in the food? Like, if the food was mostly filler, the body can't process it so it just expels it?

I just love Risdee's fat little face. He's so darn cute. But I wish he'd wear a cool scarf like Oliver.

Fishy, it looks awesome!
Old 04-16-2013, 05:52 PM   #61235 
Laki

Yes, so since my cats growing up always had filler foods they had lots of dark waste... Oliver is my first cat (where I am responsible for food and stuff) and so I put him on holistic and his waste was in smaller amounts and very light colored (I know, again with the tmi) So he is digesting it a lot better. When we brought him home Nov 2011 it was late and all the stores were closed so for the first week we fed Friskies or something. It was terrible, the house stunk like smelly cat poop. lol

Sakura, when I get a job I'll pick up some scarves at the pet expo and shipping them will be easy (how many of your cats will wear scarves and how many boys and girls do you have?)
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:52 PM   #61236 
FishyFishy89

Thanks Sakura! I didn't get to position the dw the way I wanted it to be. But it still looks pretty good like it is.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:00 PM   #61237 
FishyFishy89

Who didn't get to see the video of me hand feeding my angels?
Old 04-16-2013, 06:00 PM   #61238 
Sakura8

Laki, you're so sweet. I wish my cats would wear scarves. I can try it on Frankie and Peggy. I know Ris won't. When I go out with him for a stroll in the backyard I make him wear a breakaway collar with a tag and he hates it. He knows how to trip the breakaway latch now with his teeth.

Fishy, I like the driftwood. I mean, a large tank is a work in progress unless you win the lottery and can afford to get everything right away. Just keep adding pieces and it'll come together. :) Besides, the volcano looks awesome.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:34 PM   #61239 
Sakura8

Rizee Wants Treats! Video by SakuraNeko8 | Photobucket
Old 04-16-2013, 07:12 PM   #61240 
FishyFishy89

Ermgred! Adorably beggy kitties! I want your kitties Sakura

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese