Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-17-2013, 01:59 PM   #61301 
thekinetic

Nah I've just been eating too much and body hasn't adjusted to my eating less yet. :b
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:08 PM   #61302 
djembekah

I wish i could eat fresh fruits and veggies. it'd make my diet so much easier. but nooo they make me itch siiigh.
Posted via Mobile Device
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:12 PM   #61303 
ao
TFK Moderator

I want Chipotle :/
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:18 PM   #61304 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by djembekah View Post
I wish i could eat fresh fruits and veggies. it'd make my diet so much easier. but nooo they make me itch siiigh.
Posted via Mobile Device
What?! They make you itch?!
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:32 PM   #61305 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Yea base your diet on vegetables, fruit, and meat. Lower your carb intake. More vitamins in less calories keeps you full.
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:06 PM   #61306 
Laki

Love the mod system here. Was getting sick of reading "Mr Olympia" multiple times every day. Takes all kinds.

Take me to Hawaii too!! And if you're looking at sea turtles, I think March-April is laying season, take pics for meeeeee!!!

I love bananas so much. The last bunch we bought were too green and weren't ripening (hey, I live in the middle of the Northeastern Atlantic.. Bananas come as green as they can be). SO I internetted it and apparantly, wrapping them in a bag and letting them get warm helps release the gas which ripens them!! YAY. Science. Now to eat more bananas.

I get such bad munchies though. When I get a craving that I actually do something about, it's junk. And I am in love with my carbs. Big old pasta dinners with garlic bread and rice and tortillas. I wonder where my energy goes and where the weight is coming from...

Exam went okay. Guessed on a lot of them and having not eaten prior to the exam (bc our power was out this morning) I wrote the test on a mostly empty stomach (my friend bought me a nanaimo bar) I don't think I ever changed so many multiple choice answers before. A little worried but I went in with a -A in the course.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:12 PM   #61307 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Hahahahah! Me too. xD

Yea, carbs are amazing. @_@
But now I'll just eat two different fruits of any kind and it fills me up pretty good.
One was never enough, but two does pretty well.
It does annoy me when people say we're not built to eat this or that. Like dairy, well (most) people evolved to have the enzyme to digest it! That means we should be able to eat it fine! And carbs, yea we digest carbs really well too! But I could agree that we do eat way more than we should be. o.O
But I've been watching too many health documentaries lately. :/
Old 04-17-2013, 04:19 PM   #61308 
Laki

Portions are larger than ever before in the history of the world. And because it feels like we can eat a lot more carbs, we do (gigantic pasta dinners) and then we don't burn the fuel which leads to health problems. Carbs are meant for prolonged exercise to help keep energy up.. Like pro-athletes who eat spaghetti and then they're fine bc they burn off the excess fats and whatever during practice and play.

Which is why I cringe when I see parents giving gatorade to their lazy sedentary kids. The electrolytes and salt in those things are contributing to child obesity I am convinced.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:22 PM   #61309 
FishyFishy89

Went to get my 2 missing rummys and I ended up buying the rest of their stock xD
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:22 PM   #61310 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIwrV5e6fMY
I liked Jamie Oliver's TED talk on food!

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese