Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-22-2013, 02:53 AM   #61571 
Sakura8

Make your carry on as big as you can without going over the carry on limits. The airline website should have the length/width requirements and weight but generally a duffle bag or backpack is fine. And then take your purse, too. That doesn't count as a carry on as long as it goes under the seat in front of you.

You shouldn't have any problems with missed or delayed flights since it's a nonstop flight but airlines are notorious for losing luggage. Southwest lost my brother's once and it had a bunch of irreplaceable vintage clothing in it.

Have you ever flown?

EDIT: Don't take a computer unless you KNOW you're going to just sit around and be on a computer all day. Which I don't recommend. Hawaii is for exploring! I recommend the Doris Duke museum (it's in her house), then there's a few other great museums about Hawaiian history. Oahu is where the royal family lived, before the United States you know, deposed them. To this day I find the whole idea of arresting the Queen Liliukalani for treason ridiculous. All the Americans wanted was the sugar cane. But anyway, sorry, no politics. Uhm. Also, the Waikiki Aquarium is on Oahu. Let me get the names of the other two museums from my folks.

Note: my brother knows the guy who runs the Doris Duke museum. o.O

Last edited by Sakura8; 04-22-2013 at 02:57 AM.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:58 AM   #61572 
djembekah

No :o I'm so excited for the plaaane. My sister got to go to Florida with the eight graders once. she's been on a plane and already said things about trying to claim the window seat :(

Can a laptop go in th plain old carry on bag? Do i need a separate.thing for it? I mean i don't nEEEED to bring it but i kind of want to. i do know it can't go in checked luggage .

eta: maybe i won't idk. I just want to crash fish chat a couple times while I'm there hahaha. idunnooooo. grandma mentioned bringing one might be a good idea so we can look things up if we needed.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by djembekah; 04-22-2013 at 03:00 AM.
djembekah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:45 AM   #61573 
FishyFishy89

Sakura!!! The juvie who dipped for 10 mins is having difficulty!
He's gasping. Not really swimming and not staying upright.
Everyone else is fine but him!
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:05 AM   #61574 
Sakura8

It was just 1 tsp per gallon, right? That should have been a mild enough tonic. :( Isolate him if you can and add Stress Coat or another slime coat enhancer to his water. Add aeration for him like a bubbler.

EDIT:
Bekah, I really recommend you DON'T bring a computer. Why? They're clunky and heavy and a huge security risk. You don't want to leave it laying around the hotel room because it can get stolen or hacked and unless you're just going to be sitting around your hotel room all day, it'll end up locked in the hotel room safe all the time. And if you're going to be sitting in the hotel room on the computer, why spend the money to go to Hawaii? Just sit at home. Fish Chat can wait. Go out and see things! Can't you look things up on your phone? Why bring a laptop when you have an internet capable phone?

Last edited by Sakura8; 04-22-2013 at 10:07 AM.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:10 AM   #61575 
Laki

Take the laptop. Keep it in your carryon, the one that goes beneath your seat because in the compartments above things can get smashed around or drop if someone opens it. (I say to bring it bc before bed you might want to internet. I don't know what everybody else's family is like but I know I would need a computer to check out of them). Of course, don't bring the computer if the hotel has some!

How long are you staying in Hawaii??
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:11 AM   #61576 
Sakura8

Just remember if you take the computer to take the charger too. That would really suck to haul the thing all the way to Hawaii and have it run out of juice in the first four hours.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:17 AM   #61577 
Yuuie

morning all
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:24 AM   #61578 
FishyFishy89

Yes, I have him in a hospital tank, air stone/heater and I added in the StressCoat.
He's alive....but idk for how long :(
http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/...pscf132c27.jpg
http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/...psd304faef.jpg
Old 04-22-2013, 10:50 AM   #61579 
Tikibirds

Koga is gone. No idea what happened to him Found him sidways and gasping and was gone by morning. One gill was open as wide as it could go it seemed
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:52 AM   #61580 
FishyFishy89

Oh nos!!! I'm sorry Tiki :(
Do you see any other visible signs on him?

My juvie SEEMS to be doing slightly better. He appears to be staying upright more and off the bottom a bit more. Should I see if he'll eat? Heck I haven't even eaten!!

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese