Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-02-2013, 12:45 AM   #62001 
Sakura8

That's too bad. I really liked that site.

Fishy, if you don't mind the extra work I'd leave Stumpy where he is. Just in case his ich is milder or less resistant.

EDIT: Yeah, that's pretty dead all right. No posts from them since 2011.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:48 AM   #62002 
Tikibirds

I liked that site :(

Quote:
I r sorry Tiki. You had the sorority crash right?
Sort of. I started having issues with it when I came back from my cruise in Feb. 2 girls balooned up and died, one is huge but still alive and 2 others looked like they were on their way out but after a massive water change/gravel cleaning- they seem OK. Too much snail/pleco poop I guess..? There was also a male in there for over a year, never caused an issue but took him but just in case - though maybe the first girl was eggbound but even after he was removed 2 more has the same sympthoms. Big tummies and inflamed gills

When i get a big enough paycheck, I am gonna tear it down and start over with plant substrate and better lighting.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:49 AM   #62003 
LittleBettaFish

May have someone interested in a couple of my male juveniles. Going to be a bit sad to see them go if they do sell but then again I have a lot of replacements.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:49 AM   #62004 
djembekah

Combines forces military bands concert tonight! Pretty awesome
Posted via Mobile Device
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:52 AM   #62005 
Tikibirds

wild juvies?

Some day one of these will be mine

There really aren't alot of other fishies I like besides bettas, and bottom dwellers...
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 01:09 AM   #62006 
LittleBettaFish

Yeah it will be this big one in this photo and his brother. Not sure if I have any females to sell yet as I want to keep two sibling pairs back. Have so many males though haha. It is like the bachelor pad.

Old 05-02-2013, 02:28 AM   #62007 
djembekah

I smell so good

. Olympia I thought of you and your soap endeavors today when i bought some handmade natural soap. it is shea butter and jasmine.so good. My grandma also got Emily, herself, and i this shea and cocoa butter body butter that is Hawaiian Lei scented. its wonderful smelling. i usually dislike smelly stuff.

also i got cool littke trinkets today. Even though my tummy hurt it was nice
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-02-2013, 02:39 AM   #62008 
Sakura8

Why does your stomach hurt, Bekah?

And, introducing Klepto Rat!
Klepto Rat Video by SakuraNeko8 | Photobucket

After I stopped filming, Delilah started stealing things out of my paper rack, including the post-it with the veterinarian's email address and several pieces of paper with various addresses of forum members, as well as the security code for the wireless network. In the past, she has also managed to steal the camera and take it back into her "nest."

EDIT: LBF, those boys are handsome! Why did you end up with so many males? I know that with some species of fish, temp and alkalinity dictate the gender. I can't remember off the top of my head which fish that was though, gonna have to go look it up. I think it was a cichlid though, possibly an apistogramma.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 03:17 AM   #62009 
LittleBettaFish

This complex seems to yield more male heavy spawns from what I have seen/read. I think it may be temperature related because the tanks I have lower temperatures in seem to give me more females.

When I do my tank overhaul this weekend I am going to put everyone's temperatures down to 24 degrees celsius (think that equals 75 fahrenheit) and see how they go. They prefer cooler temperatures to splendens anyways.
Old 05-02-2013, 03:22 AM   #62010 
djembekah

i had a giant glass of orange juice last night Meg. I think that might have been part of it, or maybe I'm eating poorly.

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese