Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-03-2013, 11:59 PM   #62081 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

It's on sale right now hich is a plus- and it can be set up vertically or horizontally which is another plus. To be honest I'm going for performance over looks. What about the solid surface? Would a rack type design be better?

What size are the tanks?
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:13 AM   #62082 
bettasareawesome

Location: Iowa, Midwest, USA, North America, Earth, The Sol Star System, Milky Way
I personally like the design on that shelving because you can keep tanks of multiple sizes and it would look pretty cool with tanks and stuff on it, maybe.

It's a 10 gallon so if it was halfs 5 gallons each, if it was thirds 3 and a third each fourths 2 and a half gallons each.
bettasareawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:17 AM   #62083 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

I have a divided ten and I divided it three ways but I am going to add a fourth soon for my gender bending "female" ee. Divided tanks are great because you can keep more bettas with less equipment. How many bettas do you want?
Old 05-04-2013, 12:18 AM   #62084 
LittleBettaFish

I would replace that shelving. It looks like particle board, which swells if it gets any water on it. I sealed my wood shelves and they still have areas of swelling because water has gotten under and sat there.

My dad and brother recommended using yellow tongue flooring for my next shelves as it is much more water resistant.

Also be careful of shelves that say they can carry x amount of weight. I have often found that while they can carry that amount of weight, they don't mention that the shelf will bow while holding that weight. So you may need to add some reinforcement under each shelf.

My shelf is able to hold something like 500kg a shelf (it is actual industrial shelving) and I can climb up it if I want, but it still bows in the middle and I do not like it.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:24 AM   #62085 
bettasareawesome

Location: Iowa, Midwest, USA, North America, Earth, The Sol Star System, Milky Way
How much bettas do I want? How many or on this forum? Times ah, 6...thousand four hundred and ninety two. But that want fit in a 10 gallon so... I would like 4 but I didn't know if some people thought that 2 or 3 was better. And I've only had one at a time but if I'm going to set it up I want it so I wont need to change it for awhile. AKA: 2 bettas, maybe just one more division, well... one more won't hurt, right?
bettasareawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:25 AM   #62086 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Shoot, you're right. I would have to deal it but I don't think that would be to much of an issue...
Old 05-04-2013, 12:38 AM   #62087 
LittleBettaFish

How many tanks are you putting on? I only have like 150kg on my shelves and they still bow a bit. I think if you run some struts (I think that is what they are called) under each shelf it should just offer that extra strength. You don't want your tanks to crack. It's always my fear and I can't wait to replace my rack.
Old 05-04-2013, 12:46 AM   #62088 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

I have about 375lbs (170kg) total to fit on it at the moment, but that might change (for example, when I set up my wilds tank) I would say in the end it would be 150 ish pounds on each shelf... Really rough estimate though. My Grandpa is WAY handier then I am, so I will talk to him about it... Bowing scares me to.
Old 05-04-2013, 12:53 AM   #62089 
LittleBettaFish

Yeah my brother and dad are handy so I go and bug them about stuff. My dad spent hours crawling under my bedroom floor reinforcing it for this 100 gallon tank I thought I was going to use. Then it turned out not to even fit on the rack haha. Poor man.

Finally saw a pair I hadn't seen in ages out today. I thought the male was dead because I hadn't spotted him for at least a week. They came out just before in full colour and very feisty to eat the BBS I put in for their fry. Of course they spat out all the grindals I put in for them.
Old 05-04-2013, 12:57 AM   #62090 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Lol. I have to ask, what did you have planned for your 100g tank?

Well, it's time to go to sleep. Night everyone!

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese