Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-04-2013, 08:17 PM   #62111 
FishyFishy89

It's okay Sakura. I've lost so many stock I almost feel like it's a lost cause. But seeing my healing angels keeps me going. There's less than 5% ich on them. I'm actually seeing spots fall off while watching them swim. So YAY!
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:30 PM   #62112 
Sakura8

Fishy, *hugs* You're going through one of those really rotten times that every fishkeeper goes through at least once. Just don't let it get you down and quit the hobby because I KNOW you're a good fishkeeper. You can bounce back from this.

It may be a small consolation but at least they are not super expensive saltwater fish. Losing tetras and angels is hard as it is emotionally but imagine losing your $25 damsel or $75 rare butterfly fish or something. The financial blow just adds insult to injury.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:32 PM   #62113 
Tikibirds

someone ate my icy pops *cries*
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:34 PM   #62114 
FishyFishy89

Thanks Sakura!
And the think, I was also considering discus. hm....$20+ per fish. Yeeeeaaahhh....NO. Hubby was getting the itch to go fishing again, and then he just suddenly said, "Why didn't you just start a Bass tank? Get em from the lake, when they get big, toss em back/fish up smaller ones". Not a bad idea....but my fishys are just so much prettier ;)
Old 05-04-2013, 08:35 PM   #62115 
Tikibirds

Quote:
I thought soy milk was the healthy alternative . . . o.O
ditto
Old 05-04-2013, 08:43 PM   #62116 
Sakura8

Tiki - nooooo! Who would have the nerve to eat a sick person's icy pops?!?!?

And Fishy, you could get peacock bass. They're slightly more attractive than other bass.

Yeah, my LFS specializes in discus and the prices on those makes my eyes bug out. Personally, I like angels better.

EDIT: But Fishy, there ARE lots of smaller fish native to Florida that your hubby could catch that would be great for a cool water tank. Go to aquabid and look under the US Native Fish.
Old 05-04-2013, 08:51 PM   #62117 
FishyFishy89

Yeah there's quite a few native fish here. If something happens and I loose ALL my stock. Then I'll find something I can house that's in my neighboring lakes. I found out the largemouth bass(which is in my next door lake) like to poo lots. Lots more than the goldies. The cansiter I'm getting(which is rated for 100 gallons) isn't even enough for 3 of those bass. And it's plenty for 5 chubby goldies, maybe even more.
Old 05-04-2013, 09:03 PM   #62118 
FishyFishy89

hhhhmmmm
I'm doing some reading on the native fish here. I'm loving the Sunfish. They're reaching anywhere from 6-10 inches. But I'm reading that they're producing alot of waste. From what I'm reading is 1, maybe 2 can do well in a 55 gallon. O.O
Old 05-04-2013, 09:32 PM   #62119 
Tikibirds

Quote:
Tiki - nooooo! Who would have the nerve to eat a sick person's icy pops?!?!?
my sister
Old 05-04-2013, 09:41 PM   #62120 
Sakura8

Bad sister! How mean.

Fishy, aren't the sunfish beautiful? Best of all, you don't need a heater. They do best in cooler waters, no higher than 76.

Your tank is a . . . 90gal? A trio would probably be fine if you have it overfiltered and you do pretty big water changes once a week.

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese