happy cinco de mayo! :D
blu the betta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:46 AM   #62152 
Yuuie

morning all
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:51 AM   #62153 
Sakura8

Laki, oh no, there are all the kinds of labs here. My cousin's lab and my neighbor's lab are both black labs. Another cousin had a chocolate lab.

A Newf would probably need to be clipped in the Texas summer. Might be too big though, those dogs are such big bears!

My neighbor used to have a bull mastiff. Sweetest big lug ever. She'd stand on her hind legs so we could lean over the fence and pet her. But my neighbor was never home and she kept the dog in a run a lot of the time because she tore up the sprinklers. Eventually she did find Cleo a good and loving home. Now if only she'd do the same for their two labs. Both are choc, I think. Duke is fine because he's older but last year her husband suddenly decided he wanted a hunting dog so he got another lab puppy. I saw him walk that puppy ONCE and then I've never seen it outside the backyard again. That man drives me up the wall because he thinks of getting a dog in the same way he thinks about getting a new motorcycle or some other "toy." That puppy barks all bloody day long.

Laki, you'd want to strangle my neighbor. She keeps her two rabbits out in a run outside, even during the winter. It does drop to 30 F here in winter. How those poor things have survived . . . She's just as bad. One year, she just up and decided she wanted rabbits. To the best of my knowledge, those rabbits have never left the run. They're both never home, always working. And their koi pond! Ugh. She has or had birds too. Only thing she hasn't got is a cat. :P

Sorry for the rant. Got carried away there.

Standard poodles are amazing dogs. It's the toy variations of the poodles that I don't care for. I feel like they've had the brains bred out of them as they've gotten smaller and smaller.

Greyhounds and other sight hounds must always be kept on a leash when outside because they have such a tendency to chase small animals, including cats and even sometimes small children.

Airedales are another good medium dog option. They also have a wire coat that doesn't shed much. A beagle would be a good option. Another good medium dog.

EDIT: Morning Yuuie!
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:57 AM   #62154 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Yea, standard poodles are the way to go. :p

When I get a farm I wanna get a Polish Tatra sheepdog. They're the only livestock guardian that instinctively doesn't leave a flock alone when a predator is around, cause if they run off to chase one wolf, another can just come up from behind. So they stay with their sheep. Smart buggers. I think there's only one breeder in North America right now. O.o
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:59 AM   #62155 
Sakura8

Hahaha, I should've known you'd want a Polish dog. :D
Old 05-05-2013, 10:05 AM   #62156 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Yay Polish things!
Though I think we're gonna go with some British sheep breeds.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-05-2013, 10:34 AM   #62157 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
This soy milk thing sounds like a Dr. Oz gimmick. o.O I'm very skeptical of Dr. Oz. Anyways, my mom drinks almond milk now. I don't drink milk or anything like milk at all.
I do have a link of a ton of research showing it. xD
I don't really know who Dr Oz is so that doesn't affect me too much. XD
The good thing about almond and coconut milk is that it doesn't foul up your breath as much as regular milk. xD But I do love regular milk.

Skim milk is actually fed to pigs to fatten them up.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by Olympia; 05-05-2013 at 10:37 AM.
Old 05-05-2013, 10:36 AM   #62158 
Sakura8

Dr. Oz. He's a heart surgeon with a daytime talk show where he prattles on about diets and health trends that sound suspicious to me. :/ I'm inherently suspicious of diets and health trends.

Haha, no, I believe you about the soy milk thing. It's just I hadn't heard that before. I wonder if that's why my mom stopped drinking it.

Wensleydale sheep. The wool is perfect for spinning. And Blue-Faced Leicester. Also good for spinning. :D
Old 05-05-2013, 10:40 AM   #62159 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Sheep it is! Wool sheep and dairy goats yum.

Dr Oz sounds like he says whatever they pay him to say. :p
Seems like these days you either don't care or are paranoid about everything.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-05-2013, 10:57 AM   #62160 
Sakura8

I subscribe to the don't care theory. Ignorance is bliss so I'm just gonna play dumb. Shouldn't be too hard.

Yeah, I hear he's a very good heart surgeon but as a TV host, he's kinda weird. My mom likes him though. I keep threatening to use the parental controls on the remote to lock her out of the program. I'm so awful.

Got to have at least one curly haired sheep though!

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese