Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-05-2013, 11:29 AM   #62161 
dramaqueen
Banned

We had a standard poodle years ago and my mom bated it. I was a baby then so I don't remember but it pulled her down when she was pregnant with my brother. I would plan on doing obedience training with any dog J get. I wouldn't mind having a bichon Frise but they need grooming like every 6 weeks or so and they can be difficult to housebreak.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 11:40 AM   #62162 
Sakura8

So most likely a no-go on the standard poodle. They are big dogs and they have some energy, although not as bad as a lab.

Yeah, any of those "fancy" dogs that need to be trimmed or clipped every month or so can be a financial drain. They're nice dogs but they do have coats that require a lot of work.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 11:50 AM   #62163 
dramaqueen
Banned

The thing that attracted me to Labs is that they're so smart and eager to please and that they are often used as service dogs.
Old 05-05-2013, 11:56 AM   #62164 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

I dunno all dogs are different again.
Everyone is outside enjoying the sun, except Mocha who hates being outside and would rather just hide from the world in the house all day long.

I feel like all puppies are a mess, but they usually grow to fit in with you pretty well. Dogs will be dogs, and with big ones you're bound to get pushed over if you're not careful.
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 11:59 AM   #62165 
dramaqueen
Banned

I want to get a puppy so I can train it. I want to do puppy classes.
Old 05-05-2013, 12:25 PM   #62166 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  53.4 KB

Gotta love that sight!
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:42 PM   #62167 
Sakura8

Matt, what IS that sight?

Oli's right, any big dog has a potential to knock you over. Even little dogs have a potential to trip you. Labs are great dogs and they do make wonderful service animals. If you were really interested in a lab, maybe you could find your local service dog organization and go about training a service dog? My neighbor across the street used to train service dogs and yes, most of them were golden lab pups. The hard part is you do have to give the dog up but knowing that it is going to serve a great purpose is heartwarming and the training would allow you to keep a lab without it being destructive because it's bored and has no purpose.

Dobermans are goofs. Interestingly, speaking of service dogs. I was in the grocery the other day and a woman at the pharmacy had a Dobie with her. The pharmacist said it was her service dog. Although, in some ways I kind of doubted that because to be honest, the woman didn't really look like she needed a service animal. I've seen some people who go and make fake service animal vests for their tiny yorkies or other clearly-not-for-service dogs just so they can take them into stores. It's criminal.

EDIT: DQ, you can still train the dog and take training classes even if it isn't a puppy.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:48 PM   #62168 
serenebeauty

New female :) shes got ammonia poisoning though..

serenebeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:56 PM   #62169 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

A pumpkin sprouting, of course!
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 01:26 PM   #62170 
blu the betta

just made 2 bh do u want to see pics?
blu the betta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese