Old 05-05-2013, 02:15 PM   #62171 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

What's a bh?
MattsBettas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 02:16 PM   #62172 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Sakura, you'd be surprised. There are people that have nervous/panic attacks at random and need an animal to keep them calm all the time. Diabetics sometimes have service dogs since dogs can tell when your blood sugar is too low as well!

Zara is going bald. We bought her some oil supplement for her fur and I guess she's gotta get some tests done or something. If she's not itchy then it must be thyroid problems I guess?
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 02:29 PM   #62173 
dramaqueen
Banned

I thought about doing some fostering first to see if I really want or could handle a puppy.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 02:58 PM   #62174 
LittleBettaFish

You can still train and bond with an older dog. Have you thought about adopting an older dog from a specific breed rescue? Just because they are rescues does not mean they are messed up mentally, and often with a good rescue the screening process is so thorough that you end up with dog that suits your needs.

Puppies are a lot of work. There's the housebreaking, the proper socialization with other dogs and humans, the training, and then the more desctructive behaviours like chewing and digging.

I don't really like puppies. Way too much effort and time needed for me to be bothered with haha.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 03:12 PM   #62175 
blu the betta

its a bird house (birders watcher talk). and now i made 3.
blu the betta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 03:13 PM   #62176 
blu the betta

they fit bluebirds and are really rustic looking. the wood is about 100 yrs old!
Old 05-05-2013, 03:37 PM   #62177 
FishyFishy89

Took emma to the doggie park. She was pooped. Lots of doggies there. There was a boxer who kept barking his head off at emma xD

I met two Italian greyhounds. They were adorable!

I feel uber tired. Not sure why *yawn*
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 03:42 PM   #62178 
Laki

Airedales are used as police dogs in Europe!! They're my favorite large terrier, but can be stubborn and strong willed. Anything with a beard, mustache and wiry coat are my dogs. Except the white ones, white cairns and westies are not my thing.. idk, I find white animals boring.

Greyhounds are so un-dog like. They're great though, I love when they stick their ears straight up.

There are other lovable goof ball loyal, easy to train dogs out there.. I would say go to a few shelters and ask them for a dog that fits what you're looking for. Oftentimes, breed specific rescues will have a litter of puppies for any number of reasons from a seized or surrendered dog and you can adopt that. Beagles make great little pets, so smart.. The beagle rescue here funded the special training for a deaf dog in their care so he could fit in with a new home (ex-outdoor hunter dog) and he picked up hand and leg signals in 2 weeks, graduated with flying colours. AND he was 8 years old.

Mastiffs, yes the drool. haha I don't care. Dog and cat slime and vomit and mess don't bother me. But when babies and children spit up and vomit I'm about ready to pass out with revulsion.

Oh Sakura... What a sin about those rabbits. I think outdoor kennels are fine for rabbits but with supervision and taken in when it gets cold. I'm just hoping if your neighbors' kept them this long at least 1. the rabbits have each other for company and warmth and 2. that they grow a winter coat.. I know Acacia grows a semi-winter coat and she's lived inside all her life! Ugh, the molting is horrendous.

Had a great day at work.. Today there was a parade to commemorate the end of the Battle of the Atlantic (ww2) and I got the chance to see the entire parade and film it on my phone, because my job is awesome in that I could just go out by the doorway (nobody was inside the shop lol) And I met a lot of tourists too! Mostly Canadians and 2 Germans and one lady from Philadelphia (so I poured my heart out about Claude Giroux of the Philly Flyers.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 03:46 PM   #62179 
blu the betta

they are bluebird sized houses.
Old 05-05-2013, 04:38 PM   #62180 
LittleBettaFish

Ew. Found a fuzzy body of a fish floating around the top of one of my tanks. I think it was one that had a tumor or something growing in its mouth and I could never catch to euthanise.

Stunk to high heaven. Definitely need to get onto that water change!
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese