Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-05-2013, 06:37 PM   #62181 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Omg the animal rescue has a bunny with a crooked head.
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 06:39 PM   #62182 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

I would adopt that guy in a second.
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 06:39 PM   #62183 
djembekah

Id like to see your birdhouemses Blu the Betta

I'm soooo tired and my feet hurt. but this trip is going way too fast
Posted via Mobile Device
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 06:43 PM   #62184 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenebeauty View Post
New female :) shes got ammonia poisoning though..

I'm sorry to hear she's sick. Clean water should help with that ammonia poisoning though. :)
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 06:45 PM   #62185 
LittleBettaFish

I want a rabbit but we can't in our current house and we get myxomatosis and calicivirus here and I would be too frightened to let my rabbit go anywhere.

I like when their ears are up rather than down (I think those are lop rabbits).

Was the crooked head a birth defect or injury?
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 06:46 PM   #62186 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Her ears are sideways, hehe. :D
Old 05-05-2013, 06:48 PM   #62187 
dramaqueen
Banned

I've had plenty of experience with puppies. I've taken care of neighbors' puppies before. I'm just worried about getting one from a shelter that's messed up. I've seen it happen to some of my neighbors.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 06:51 PM   #62188 
Sakura8

Blu, I'd like to see pics of your birdhouses. :)

Laki, that sounded like an awesome day! Put the video on youtube so I can seeeeeeee iiiiiiiiit.

:( And as far as I'm aware, they don't take the rabbits in even during the winter. They did put a heater out in their hutch but still . . . what kind of life is that? Why get a pet if you aren't going to pay any attention to it? Especially a pet like a rabbit? I mean, koi I can understand. You feed the koi and clean the pond and that's that. But rabbits need love!!!!

LBF, that's a great idea to go through a breed rescue for a specific type. And DQ, I would totally recommend fostering a dog first. Any time you aren't sure, a trial run is a great thing.

LBF, I forgot to congratulate you on your girl's win at the show. :)

Bekah, when you comin' home? I'm mad, I should've asked you to get me another T-shirt from the Waikiki aquarium because I got bleach or Prime or something on the one my folks brought me. I forgot to ask you ahead of time if you would do that if you went. :( Oh well, I guess that means I need to go to Hawaii.

Poor Zara but at least she isn't itchy. I dunno, do thyroid problems make them go bald? When I was talking to my vet about Risdee, I asked if his weight issues were possibly thyroid and she gave me this interesting fact: cats only get hyperthyroidism which makes them lose weight. Dogs only get hypothyroidism, which makes them gain weight.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 06:55 PM   #62189 
LittleBettaFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
I've had plenty of experience with puppies. I've taken care of neighbors' puppies before. I'm just worried about getting one from a shelter that's messed up. I've seen it happen to some of my neighbors.
The only reason I mentioned it was that all the issues you are worried about are basically what puppies do for the first twelve months of life.

I didn't mean a shelter. I meant an actual rescue where they only work with one breed. Some dogs are perfectly good citizens, but their owners move away or into a home, or their owners divorce or they just find themselves no longer able to care for their dog and so they end up at the breed rescue.

Larger breeds of dogs generally take a couple of years to mature and grow a brain. So it won't mean the dog will immediately calm down once it hits 12 months.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 06:56 PM   #62190 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Yea supposedly that is a hair loss thing. But everywhere it says the loss is symmetrical, which it isn't. o.O But her skin looks totally fine from the outside. We'll go check it out soon. o.o Poor Zara, all icky.
She really hates the fatty acid supplement too.

Boxers don't "mature" for about 4 years. And considering their lifespan is 8-11 years, they are basically kids for half their lives. o.O

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese